Lexicon LXP-15II Multi-effects
Submitted: April 12th, 2004
by Anonymous Reviewer
I also have Lexicon's premium PCM-91, the top of the line Lexicon Reverb. Here's the truth, the LXP15-II is VERY VERY VERY close to the PCM91 sound quality in terms of REVERB. That is all I use these for, REVERB. I do not use any other effects in the LXP15-II. I also owned the newer mid-priced Lexicons and was not impressed. I disliked the MX550 so much I donated it to a church. The new mid-priced Lexicon MX series does NOT compare to the LXP15-II in my book. Weaker reverb realism and worse interface to program.
No problems with LXP since 1994
General Comments
If you always wanted a Lexicon PCM91 for reverb sounds only but $2000 is not in your budget for a "reverb only" device, I suggest you find a good used LXP15-II someplace. It is that good ! Like the other reviewer on here, I am looking on Ebay and other auction sites to buy a few spares. It is one of those rare pieces of equipment that comes along and is unbelievably good for the money. Lexicon probably had to discontinue it because it was too close to sounding like their flagship PCM91 models at 35% of the price. The LXP15-II destroys the new mid priced MX550 that Lexicon has.. Yuk !!! I would use a Yamaha REV500 before the buying the new MX550 for the price. In the context of a mix, the LXP15-II sounds 95% like my PCM91 to my ears..... damned impressive reverb for sure.