Blueridge BR-140 Historic Series Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Submitted: May 10th, 2009
by camaro033
The style of music that I play is bluegrass gospel. Having an Adirondack spruce top, this guitar stands up with rosewood guitars that have that mid-range and big bass for flatpicking. Yet also, carries the punch and highs needed for heavy rythmn. I've never played a rosewood guitar with this much lows nor played a mahogany guitar with this much highs. This guitar's range is from A-Z on sound! This is truly a workhorse of a guitar. Plenty of volume to stick with the banjo. A stand-out in the crowd. In my opinion, you could put this Blueridge BR-140A up against ANY Martin D-18v or D-18GE close your eyes and listen and you would probably pick the Blueridge. I'm not knocking Martin, I'm a Martin Man and I own Martins of higher end value and I always will. But when looking for an economically priced guitar to take anywhere I wanted without the worry that I have with my treasured Martin's, I found a dream in the best guitar I have ever owned. My Martin pride fell to a China made guitar. My only dislike is the plastic bridge pins.
This guitar seems really well made, it has a durable finish, the tuning keys feel similar to Grover quality, and hold the guitar in tune well. You could take it to any gig or stage and you will not be embarrassed. It will hold it's own against any big name acoustic and probably even out do it.
General Comments
I've been playing guitar for 30 years. I've owned custom Martins, and this guitar is the best guitar I've ever owned: sound, price, and value--it's hard to believe! If it was stolen I would definately get another of the exact model. I compare this one to a Martin D-18GE. All the ads and articles that I read before purchasing said this particular model in the Blueridge line would compare to Martin D-18v or D-18GE and it does! If you want a guitar under $1000.00 to give you the sound of a $3500.00 guitar like big name companies, try it! You won't be dissappointed.