Bitar Starlight
Submitted: November 14th, 2007
by Dave Weibe
The amp provides a clear clean sound when the volume dial is set below 6.5 or 7. After that it breaks up very nicely to provide some real feel and energy. The first time I put it to work in the studio, I was blown away by its power and presence. For jazz, it has a great feel, especially when the tone is brought down. I currently use a Parker electric with Seymour Duncan humbuckers with a coil tap option readily available.
This amp is only a few months old. It is made of solid wood and feels like a rock. I cannot see this amp breaking down at any point in the near future. The builder said he wouldn't be surpised if it went decades without even minor issues.
General Comments
I have played for over ten years and own an alternate Roland amp, which cannot compete with the Starlight. I owned a Mesa Boogie Mark III at one point, and it doesn't even compare to the Starlight (especialy in the weight department. If this was damaged or stolen, George Bitar would be receiving a call the same day for a new order. He knows every detail of sound and could surely whip up another incredible custom amp. I cannot imagine a better amp to own, especially one this affordable. I own the very first Starlight amp, which is still the only one in existence until more people are lucky enough to discover this amp (or Bitar Amplifiers).