Bitar Jazz Box
Submitted: January 24th, 2008
by ybguitar
I use a guitar built by Heritage Guitars which is similar to an ES-335, but with a more hollowbody sound. As a Jazz Guitarist, this amp delivers a lot of warmth, but also a lot of mid-range punch. In terms of my very few rock gigs, the amp gets a nice warm break-up when it's cranked. George has offered his advice on what tubes will break the amp up at lower volumes and has shown me the difference between the tube sounds. This amp is my sound and this is the sound I've been looking for. I've been through Mesa's, Fenders, Peavey's, etc....and nothing compares to the sound of this amp.
This amp was hand built by George Bitar and there's no possible way that it could be any more perfect. It is built like a tank, but it's only 25lbs. George has told me that his amps will go for 50 years without any maintenance except for changing tubes...that's what I call reliability.
General Comments
If it were stolen, I'd buy another one. In fact, I'm having George build me a different amp in a few months. If you want a custom built amp that sounds great, looks great, then deal with George Bitar. He'll build what you need and you'll be more than satisfied with the product. George has gone above and beyond for me to build this amp and he does the same thing for all his customers. Don't waste your time with Fenders, Mesa's, etc...because you'll be selling that amp in a matter of months. Do it right the first time, and get George to build you exactly what you want.