Bitar Blue Moon Head
Submitted: February 17th, 2005
by Anonymous-mRsPu
I use it with vintage Electra strat copies with humbuckers. It is perfect for my style of playing. I've always believed that you should plug straight into a head and crank it up for the best tone. That's what this excels at. It tends to lose something when you use the Master Volume, but any serious player will just use a power soak anyway. It is not noisy at all, even in my industrial building full of flourescent lights. The tone controls have a wide range of adjustment and with the bright switch and boost option, you can get anything short of death metal. Of course, I've never seen a metalhead use a handmade Class A boutique amp anyway! I also bought the matching 2-12" cabinet and I highly recommend it. Very efficient powerwise and the tone compliments the amp perfectly. The combination is also a great size for gigs and looks cool to boot.
It is built like a tank. Tube sockets are of the highest quality and nothing seems like it could ever get loose or rattly. Cabinet is solid wood, not particle board. Short of tubes, this thing will probably never need service!
General Comments
I have been playing for almost 20 years and through the magic of eBay, have owned just about every amp under the sun. I think the search is over. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another, although there will never be another 001. I love everything about it, except I suppose I could do without the master, as I don't use it. Probably very helpful for those in apartments though. If I were you, I would get one before everyone finds out about them. He handwires each one himself from the ground up, so you can bet they'll be a waiting list when word gets out!