Bitar Air Force One
Submitted: May 1st, 2009
by ybguitar
For Jazz: Gibson L-5. The amp has a really warm, clean sound with plenty of headroom. The L-5 sounds very warm and the tone controls are true to their number, so I can push the midrange and cut out the lows to get the sound I need as a jazz guitarist. For Rock/R&B: Buscarino solid body guitar and Zion guitars. The distortion on this sounds a lot like an old Marshall which is really great for what we do. The amp is very quiet and George managed to get a lot of that hum you typical get from tube amps. He made this amp sound the way I wanted it because he deals with his customers directly at his home. Visit his house, and he'll make the adjustments you need.
George builds everything by hand. I've been playing an amp I bought from him a few years ago and it's never broken down. I trust his craftsmanship because he understands the importance of a working amp for a gigging musician.
General Comments
As a working guitarist, it's important that I use equipment that meets the demands of my everyday needs. George has built me the best amps I've ever used. I trust his knowledge, work ethic, and craftsmanship. My job requires me to be a jack of many trades. It's nice to have one amp that can handle anything I need it to do. Before, I was switching from amp to amp depending on the gig. Now, I don't have to! His price is very reasonable, you'd pay just as much for a Mesa Boogie or Marshall. Might as well get something from him so you can get exactly what you want.