Jump to content

dparr

Members
  • Content Count

    20,524
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by dparr

  1. Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact View Post
    I'm just kinda mindblown because the feel is the main reason I love the amp. The "Lead" model has a wonderful compressed feel with some nice give to it.


    Never played a non-toob amp that reacts that way like the THR does.
    That's how I Feel. It sings like a real tube amp.
  2. I don't see how anyone could not love the little THR10 if you use it as it's meant to be used.

    What do you expect to come out of 2x3.5 speakers? If you want it loud then run the earphone/out to a larger amp.

    Outstanding IMO.

  3. I don't see how anyone could not love the little THR10 if you use it as it's meant to be used.

    What do you expect to come out of 2x3.5 speakers? If you want it loud then run the earphone/out to a larger amp.

    Outstanding IMO.

  4.  

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Waldo Pepper

    View Post

    Is this the only question you derived from my post? If so I am not sure I used absolute terms like "most popular" or "best", I certainly wasn't thinking in such absolutes. So I am gonna ask you to clarify what you mean by your question, please.

     

    I don't think that Hamer suffered from not being what people want. I know a lot of Hamer fans. The dislike for them suprised me. confused.gif


    I think that they were much better guitar makers than business men.

  5.  

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Waldo Pepper

    View Post

    Is this the only question you derived from my post? If so I am not sure I used absolute terms like "most popular" or "best", I certainly wasn't thinking in such absolutes. So I am gonna ask you to clarify what you mean by your question, please.

     

    I don't think that Hamer suffered from not being what people want. I know a lot of Hamer fans. The dislike for them suprised me. confused.gif


    I think that they were much better guitar makers than business men.

  6.  

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Waldo Pepper

    View Post

    You can make the most inexpensive, highest quality guitar in the universe and it won't matter if nobody identifies with it. After all, in order to sell very high quality, at a low cost you gotta move a lot of volume... That is tough to sustain. Very few companies round that corner as well as Fender has. Having a diverse, modular product helped them a lot. You can get a good Fender at any price point, whether it is a $300 Squier made in China or a $5K custom shop made in California.


    Love for Fender from consumers as a brand has seemed to soften since their filing for IPO. Selling out mentality? I dunno. Wallstreet put a big stop to that pointing out that Fender is highly levered, borrowing money to buy Kaman for $117M. Or that they were/are owed tons of money by some of their largest customers. Just seems to me Fender put the pedal to the metal in 2006 (lots of businesses did), without taking business cycles into account or the fact that maybe the future for guitars in general is not bright as we'd all wish. This may seem like an aside. But in the face of all of it, Fender hasn't cut corners on their quality, you still get a lot for what you pay, as far as I've seen. I doubt they'd be to blame for the end of Hamer or Ovation or any other Kaman company. Also, it has been 5 years. This thread is the most I've read about Hamer guitars in 20 years. wink.gif

     

    Rarely is the best ever the most popular?
  7.  

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Waldo Pepper

    View Post

    You can make the most inexpensive, highest quality guitar in the universe and it won't matter if nobody identifies with it. After all, in order to sell very high quality, at a low cost you gotta move a lot of volume... That is tough to sustain. Very few companies round that corner as well as Fender has. Having a diverse, modular product helped them a lot. You can get a good Fender at any price point, whether it is a $300 Squier made in China or a $5K custom shop made in California.


    Love for Fender from consumers as a brand has seemed to soften since their filing for IPO. Selling out mentality? I dunno. Wallstreet put a big stop to that pointing out that Fender is highly levered, borrowing money to buy Kaman for $117M. Or that they were/are owed tons of money by some of their largest customers. Just seems to me Fender put the pedal to the metal in 2006 (lots of businesses did), without taking business cycles into account or the fact that maybe the future for guitars in general is not bright as we'd all wish. This may seem like an aside. But in the face of all of it, Fender hasn't cut corners on their quality, you still get a lot for what you pay, as far as I've seen. I doubt they'd be to blame for the end of Hamer or Ovation or any other Kaman company. Also, it has been 5 years. This thread is the most I've read about Hamer guitars in 20 years. wink.gif

     

    Rarely is the best ever the most popular?
  8.  

    Quote Originally Posted by erksin

    View Post

    What innovations did they bring to the table that changed the game? They may have built a nicer mousetrap, but it was still a mousetrap. And it was a mousetrap originally designed by Gibson.


    I've played 3.

     

    Strings running through body, brass nut and bridge and a different tone-volume layout that is great.


    Every product has to start somewhwre. Others take that product and improve on it. "Change" it for the better. Do you still drive a Model-T?

  9.  

    Quote Originally Posted by erksin

    View Post

    What innovations did they bring to the table that changed the game? They may have built a nicer mousetrap, but it was still a mousetrap. And it was a mousetrap originally designed by Gibson.


    I've played 3.

     

    Strings running through body, brass nut and bridge and a different tone-volume layout that is great.


    Every product has to start somewhwre. Others take that product and improve on it. "Change" it for the better. Do you still drive a Model-T?

×
×
  • Create New...