New 16-Channel TDIF, S/PDIF PCI Card
By Guest |
Soundscape Digital Technology has announced the release of a new Multi Channel PCI card the 'Mixtreme' targeted at the pro-sumer market. Mixtreme utilises the powerful new Motorola 80MHz 56301 DSP and will be shown in full operation at the NAMM show. The card will ship second quarter 1998 and have a target price of USD $700 list.
Mixtreme features 16 digital ins and outs (2x TDIF, SPDIF and Wordclock). Mixtreme will run Soundscapes highly acclaimed V2 mixer (which is customisable and features 16 digital busses).This will allow the use of the whole family of Soundscape V2 real time plug-ins, featuring the TC Works Reverb, Wave Mechanics Reverb, and Soundscapes own Audio Toolbox (Chorus, Flanger, Compressor/Limiter/Gate/Expander), plus multiple fully parametric EQ's.
The Mixtreme PCI card is unique as it allows, for the first time, any of the high end DSP plug-ins created for Soundscapes' V2 DAW, to be accessed by any PC based software that uses standard multimedia or Cubase VST ASIO drivers. It also connects digitally to Tascam DA-88/DA-38 MDMs or Yamaha 03D/02R consoles and not to disappoint ADAT users, there is a TDIF-ADAT Lightpipe conversion unit (half 1U rack).
Used just as a mixing powerhouse, Mixtreme is a 16 in/out digital mixer with up to 48 mixing channels, user defined routing and total recall of any user configuration that is saved to disk. For users with ADAT's or DA-88s it provides a flexible, cost effective way of mixing digitally direct to DAT or CD burning software.
- 2 x TDIF (16 I/O digital) - (one 25subD on rear edge of card, one on an internal header for the second slot or punch-out hole on the PC casing.)
- Wordclock I/O (RCA)
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Optional S/PDIF daughterboard
- Motorola 56301 80MHz Processor
- Runs Soundscape V2 Mixer & Plug-ins
- Drivers for VST, Multimedia, DirectX and eventually NT.
- Can be used as stand-alone 16 in /out digital mixer or as I/O device with post effects/mixing.
- Some editing packages may use send /return to plug-in effects.
SS8IO-2: ADAT-TDIF converter with Wordclock - Target Price US$550/$600
SS8IO-3:TDIF to unbalanced analogue (20 bit) - Target Price US$600
Available Q2/3 1998.