24/96 Capability Added to New Dynatron Reverb
By Guest |
|(Click for a close-up)|
G Prime, the exclusive US dealer for Dynatron, announced that the Dynatron 255 HS with 24 bit/96kHz operation is now available. The upgrade builds on the Dynatron 255, which put the classic reverb of the EMT 250 into a totally updated package.
"The release of the Dynatron 255 in 2000 was extremely well received by the recording and post communities," says Ralph Zaorski, President of Dynatron. "The Dynatron 255 HS takes the same great sound and feel of the 255 and adds 96kHz operation. People were asking for this level of performance, and we're glad we could deliver."
Putting the original algorithms of the EMT 250 into an efficient 2U rack unit, the Dynatron 255 HS takes a classic sound and makes it ready for 5.1 Surround. With new settings for a greater range of creative options, the Dynatron 255 HS allows the electronic reverb to fit in with the demands of today's studio, TV and film post environments.
Highlights of the Dynatron 255 HS include:
- Original EMT 250 reverberation algorithm enhanced to provide five channel output
- Main Reverb decay time setting variable from 0.4 to 4.5 seconds
- All inputs/outputs are AES3 standard digital audio format with XLR-3 connectors
- Low frequency decay ratio adjustable to 0.5X to 2X of Main Reverb time
- Predelay time extended to 140ms
- AC line input via. standard IEC 3-pin connector 115/230 VAC 50/60Hz