Staggered Strings And Set-In Necks For All-New Ibanez AX
By Guest |
Ibanez adds new set-in neck models to its line of AX guitars. Along with the increased sustain and easier upper fret access afforded by a mahogany set-in neck (standard AX's feature bolt-on maple neck), the new AXS32 models sport a special hair-line pickguard for an appearance that's an interesting combination of high tech and retro.
Sustain is also increased by thru-body stringing which also results in more consistent string-to-string feel as the string holes are staggered to compensate for different string tensions.
The new AXS32 models are available three finishes: DRF (Dark Red Stained Flat), and TKF (Transparent Black Flat). The list price is $529.99
Model AXS32 Specs:
- List: $529.99
- Available Finishes: DRF (Dark Red Stained Flat), TKF (Transparent Black Flat).
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: 3 Pc Mahogany Set-In
- Neck Scale: 24 3/4"
- No. Frets/Type: 22/Large
- Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
- Inlay: 12th Fret Offset Dot
- Bridge: Full Tune
- H/W Color: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Axis AH3 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Axis AH4 Humbucker
- Controls: Two Volume, Two Tone
- Other Special Features: Hairline Pickguard
- Case: AM50C
- Case List: $169.99