Wavesfactory Announce Tack Piano
By HC News |
Wavesfactory Announce Tack Piano
March 5th 2019, Wavesfactory, Artà, Spain, the company behind Mercury Piano and a host of other unique Kontakt instruments has announced The Tack Piano.
Inspired by their earlier instrument W-Honky, The Tack Piano is completely re-sampled from scratch, it sounds better than ever and is now a completely authentic tack piano featuring a new GUI with top- notch features that makes it unbeatable and a dream come true for tack piano fans like myself. Equally at home in music, sound design or FX, the Tack Piano is like no other and a must-have addition to your piano collection.
Speaking about the inspiration behind the instrument, Wavesfactory founder Jesus Ginard says; “Everybody loves the sound of the good old Mrs Mills piano from Abbey Road Studios. This is the sound we were going for and we think we’ve nailed it!”
Features At A Glance
- Piano library for Kontakt featuring an upright with thumb-tacks on the hammers.
- With a more percussive sound it’s often used to evoke the feeling of a honky-tonk, associated with
- ragtime pieces in old Hollywood Western movies.
- Fully mixable 3-channel perspectives, 8 velocity layers and 6 round robin.
The Tack Piano features a full mixer with which you can control the three mic positions separately:
- Close: recorded with two Neumann KM184 placed right above the hammers.
- Mid: recorded with two Sennheiser 421 placed below the keys at a mid distance.• Far: recorded with two spaced Neumann TLM 103 at the back of the room.
- Mix: combination of the three mic positions in a single file in order to save RAM.
- With a load/purge switch for each channel, pan, volume, mute/solo, stereo width from 100% stereo to mono and output selector for mixing the different channels on your DAW.
The library features an advanced effect script already implemented in Legacy Drums and some freebies. This script lets you insert any effect in any of the 8 available slots, including:
- High Quality EQ.
- Various types of compressors.
- Modulation: chorus, flanger, phaser.
- Distortion / Saturation / Tape
- Algorithmic and convolutional reverb with more than 40 custom impulse responses.
- Amp simulators.
This script boosts exponentially the sonic capabilities of the library, easy to use in a simple and elegant design.
What Top Artists Are Saying About The Tack Piano
“As someone who made my own real tack piano and also spent a lot of time on the Mrs. Mills piano at Abbey Road, The Tack Piano sounds incredible and will get a lot of use when I’m away from my real one. Wavesfactory nailed the sound of a great tack piano.”
Greg Wells – The Greatest Showman/Adele / Katy Perry / Mika
“If you’ve ever wanted a keyboard sound that bridges the realms of acoustic and electric, can take you from the honky tonk saloons to the weird and haunted places of hammer horror, gothic fairy tales (and more!) then you definitely need Wavesfactory’s ‘The Tack’ in your life!”
Stephen Gallagher – District 9 / The Hobbit
“Wavesfactory have crafted a quality bit of sound design with The Tack. An instrument that expertly captures all the conventional detail music makers would expect of a tack piano, while also providing a full range of nuanced parameters which allow unconventional sound manipulation at the same time. A beautiful piece of work for any composer or producer!”
Julian Kindred – Ellie Goulding / Aimee Mann / Hammock / Nao
- Size: 14.22 GB
- Samples: 9,118
- Mic positions: 3 + mixdown
- Velocity layers: 8
- Round robin: 2. Up to 6 with neighbour borrowing
- Works with: Kontakt 5.5.2 – Full version required. Kontakt Player will run in demo mode.
Normally € 79.00 current price until March 31st 2019 € 59.00
For more information and to buy visit https://www.wavesfactory.com/the-tack-piano/
Wavesfactory was born in March, 2010 in Artà (Mallorca) with the goal to deliver high-quality audio tools for musicians and engineers. A mindset on improving on every product release in terms of audio quality, ease of use and powerful but simple features. Our principle is never release something you’re not 100% happy with.