Left To Your Own Devices, You'll Discover New Ways To Play
By HC News |
FENDER PLAYTM EXPANDS DIGITAL LEARNING FOOTPRINT,
COMES TO NEW DEVICES AND PLAYERS GLOBALLY
Video-Based, Digital Learning Application For Acoustic and Electric Guitar Launches on iPad Today,
Comes to Android™ Devices
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (February 21, 2018)—Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) and Fender Digital today announced the expansion of Fender Play to additional platforms and devices, including iPad®, available today for download on the App Store®, and Android, available on Google Play™ March 29, 2018. Poised to inspire the next generation of players, Fender Digital launched Fender Play on iPhone® and desktop with much acclaim in July 2017 in an effort to create a robust digital suite of products for every step of the musical journey. The app is designed to change the way beginning players learn how to play guitar through hundreds of easy-to-follow, instructor-guided video lessons utilizing a song-driven, personalized learning path that enables even brand-new players to master chords and riffs in minutes.
Developed by Fender – one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Music for 2018 and the world’s legendary authority in guitar for 70 years – Fender Play was created to solve an ongoing challenge: 90 percent of players who take up guitar will abandon the instrument after one year. The result is a highly sophisticated guitar learning platform and curriculum created with a panel of educational advisors from prestigious music programs, such as the Thornton School of Music at University of Southern California in Los Angeles and Musicians Institute in Hollywood. Concepts are taught through bite-sized video lessons using songs from popular artists, such as U2, Shawn Mendes, The Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Carrie Underwood and more.
“Fender Play is one of the fastest-growing and engaged guitar lesson communities of its kind,” said Ethan Kaplan, General Manager of Fender Digital. “We’re seeing musicians on Fender Play grow their skills right before our eyes, and with expanded access through iPad and Android devices, we’re excited that even more people will have the opportunity to learn or rediscover their passion for guitar through the accessibility and convenience of Fender Play.”
The iPad version features all of the same bite-sized lessons, top quality songs and technique videos as iPhone and desktop versions, but also includes:
- Portrait and Landscape Mode: Portrait allows players to easily access additional lesson material, while landscape enhances video player size for heightened visibility and focus.
- More than video: Chord charts, related lessons and helpful content are easy to access and view with the iPad version’s lesson page.
- Follow your Path: An updated course view helps players easily pick up where they left off, or skip around to other lessons.
In addition to the iPad and Android platforms, Fender Play will soon have ukulele and bass lessons, as well as new R&B and metal genre paths later in 2018. New players can sign up for a free 30-day trial at Play.Fender.com and continue their journey for $9.99 (USD) a month thereafter, or take advantage of a year of unlimited lessons for only $89.99.
Fender Play allows users to:
· CHOOSE the instruments, songs and genre, putting players in control of their musical journey.
· TRACK progress, evolution and development in real-time. Players see their progression and milestones through a user-friendly dashboard – the ultimate progress report.
· STUDY with a proprietary custom video player that shows chord diagrams on the lesson screen.
· LEARN at their own pace, on-the-go and at their convenience, with the easy portability of laptop or mobile devices. A Wi-Fi or LTE connection is required to access the program.
· VIEW 4K-quality, multi-camera footage and production elements, such as split screens and over-the-shoulder angles, which provide a valuable perspective for new players. Each clip is short and easy-to-digest, making every moment not only educational, but engaging.
· ACCESS a large glossary of helpful terms, chords and videos.
· DISCOVER helpful articles, tips and tricks based on a player’s lessons and learning path.
· BLAZE a unique trail based on personal taste and discovery, or follow the recommended, custom path; browse by genre or featured artist.
· LEARN popular songs and riffs! With over 1,000 tips, chords and videos, some skills are taught in less than 2 minutes and it can take only 22 minutes or less for a beginner to play their first recognizable riff.
· ENGAGE with the Fender Play closed Facebook community, where users can share progress in real time and interact with other players on the guitar-learning journey.
Fender Play is available now on iPhone, iPad and Desktop with Android available on Google Play March 29, 2018. The app is available in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada, and can currently be accessed in 36 countries in English. To learn more about Fender Play, view the following videos:
Product images for iPad and Android can be accessed here.
To learn more about Fender Play, visit: play.fender.com. For additional information on new Fender products and to find a retail partner near you, visit www.fender.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @Fender.
ABOUT FENDER DIGITAL:
Established in 2015, Fender Digital is a wholly owned division of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) dedicated to connecting a legacy brand with a new digital ecosystem of products and interactive experiences designed to accompany players, across genres, at every stage of their musical journey. Building on the iconic Fender name, Fender Digital designs and develops apps, websites, platforms and tools to complement Fender electric and acoustic guitars, amplifiers and pro-audio gear to inspire players through a 360-degree musical experience. Since its inception, Fender Digital has introduced Fender Tune® and Fender Tone™ for iOS and Android; Fender Play™ for iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and Desktop; relaunched Fender.com with a refreshed product experience; and created Fender Connect® offering a platform for users to store their personalized information from Fender Digital platforms in one place, providing a universally connected experience.
ABOUT FENDER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION:
Since 1946, Fender has revolutionized music and culture as one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC), whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch® guitars, Jackson®, EVH® and Charvel®, follows a player-centric approach to crafting the highest quality instruments and musical solutions across genres. FMIC is dedicated to unlocking the power of music through electric and acoustic guitars, amplifiers, pro audio, accessories and digital products that inspire and enable musical expression at every stage, from beginners to history-making legends.