Laura B. Whitmore to Host ‘Success Strategies for Women in the Music Industry’ Panel During 2016 Winter NAMM
By HC News |
Hosted by music industry veteran and Women’s International Music Network (WiMN) founder, Laura B. Whitmore, the panel will focus on the challenges and obstacles top women in the music industry have faced—and how they’ve overcome them to create success.
“I’m excited to bring together these powerful role models to share their insights and experiences on this panel. As women, we face unique challenges in our industry and I think it’s important to create awareness, give advice, and affect change. I have no doubt that it will be energetic and informative,” said Whitmore.
- Laura B. Whitmore as moderator, a music industry veteran and the owner of Mad Sun Marketing, a boutique advertising and PR agency that focuses on the music and audio industries. She is the Founder of the Women’s International Music Network, the producer of the She Rocks Awards and the Women’s Music Summit, a journalist, editor and a singer/songwriter.
- Jennifer Batten, best known for having played guitar for Michael Jackson, Batten has also toured and recorded with British guitar icon Jeff Beck.
- Paula Salvatore, Vice President of Capitol Studios, and an integral part of recordings for some of the industry’s most iconic artists.
- Tish Ciravolo, bass player, guitar designer, and the president and founder of Daisy Rock Girl Guitars.
- Rebecca Eaddy, Marketing Communications Manager for Roland Corporation U.S., a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, and audio processing devices.
With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking and sharing. Members can share news pertaining to female musicians, projects relating to women in the industry, products targeted to female musicians, and more. The WiMN produces events such as the Women's Music Summit, the WiMN She Rocks Showcases, and the She Rocks Awards. All events aim to fulfill the WiMN’s mission of uniting women in the music and audio industries while shedding light on their talents. Find out more about the WiMN at www.thewimn.com.
About The Women’s International Music Network (The WiMN)
Founded in 2012, the Women’s International Music Network unites women who work within all facets of the music and audio industries. With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking, education and sharing. The Women’s International Music Network produces events such as the Women’s Music Summit, the WiMN She Rocks Showcases, and the She Rocks Awards. The organization hosts panels, workshops and education sessions and is founded by music industry veteran Laura B. Whitmore. For more information, visit www.thewimn.com.