Give Her An Award Because She Rocks!
By HC News |
Hosted by the WiMN founder Laura B. Whitmore, the 2016 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
- Jennifer Batten, acclaimed guitarist
- Amy Heidemann of the chart-topping duo Karmin
- Mindy Seegal Abovitz, drummer and founder of Tom Tom Magazine
- Cathy Carter Duncan, co-founder and CEO of Seymour Duncan
- Becky Gebhardt and Mona Tavakoli, co-founders of the Rock n’ Roll Camp for Girls L.A. and members of Raining Jane
- Leslie Ann Jones, Director of Recording and Scoring at Skywalker Sound
- Mary Luehrsen, Executive Director of the NAMM Foundation
- Sujata Murthy, Senior Vice President, Public Relations, Universal Music Enterprises
- Leigh Maples and Pamela Cole, founders of Fanny’s House of Music
- Crystal Morris, co-founder and President of Gator Cases
- Chalise Zolezzi, Director of Brand Communications at Taylor Guitars
“We could not be more proud of our 2016 honorees. Each has contributed to the industry in her own unique way, inspiring and helping others through her tireless efforts. It is so thrilling to be able to honor them all and share this celebration with colleagues and fans both male and female,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore.
Gearing up for its fourth consecutive year, the She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music industry, and has become a standard at the NAMM Show. Previous award recipients include female industry leaders such as Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, The Bangles, Orianthi, Mindi Abair, Dinah Gretsch, Craigie Zildjian, Janie L. Hendrix, Amani Duncan, Mary Peavey, and many more.
With featured performances, food and beverages, giveaways, a silent auction, networking opportunities and more, the She Rocks Awards brings together industry professionals, music icons, artists, fans, and media to celebrate women in music. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit the Girls Rock Camp Alliance and the NAMM Foundation.
This event has sold out for the past three years and does not require a NAMM badge to attend. The She Rocks Awards will take place on Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the Pacific Ballroom at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel.
The 2016 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Martin Guitar, Seymour Duncan, Roland, Boss, Gretsch, Guitar Center, Fishman, 108 Rock Star Guitars, with additional support from these media partners Tom Tom Magazine, Guitar Girl Magazine, Music-News.com, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Keyboard, Bass Player, Electronic Musician, and more. For information regarding She Rocks Awards sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
To purchase tickets, and to learn more about the award recipients and the 2016 She Rocks Awards, visit sherocksawards.com.
About The Women’s International Music Network (The WiMN)
Founded in 2012, the Women’s International Music Network unites women who work within all facets of the music and audio industries. With theWiMN.com as its hub, the WiMN provides a community for women within the industry while enriching their careers and musical experiences through networking and sharing. The Women’s International Music Network produces events such as the annual Women's Music Summit, the WiMN She Rocks Showcases, and the She Rocks Awards, and is founded by music industry veteran Laura B. Whitmore. For more information, visit www.thewimn.com.