Audio-Technica Offers New UniPoint® U843R Three-Element Multidirectional Boundary Microphone - InfoComm 2019
By HC News |
Audio-Technica Offers New UniPoint® U843R Three-Element Multidirectional Boundary Microphone
InfoComm, Orlando, FL, June 12, 2019 — Audio-Technica (booth 5968) announces the new UniPoint® U843R Three-Element Multidirectional Boundary Microphone. With three cardioid condenser elements in a single housing, the phantom-powered U843R offers a remarkably versatile tool for surface-mount installations. It is ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing applications, especially when used with an Audio-Technica automatic SmartMixer®. Levers on the microphone base allow easy reorientation of two elements to offer 360° or 300° coverage. Since elements can be powered and used individually or in any combination, further flexibility is easily achieved. For example, with two elements powered, the microphone can provide a figure-of-eight polar pattern; with a single element powered, the microphone functions as a standard cardioid boundary microphone. Installation and repositioning are extremely quick, thanks to four recessed pathways on the base of the microphone that enable the user to route the cable as required to accommodate any installation requirements; no tools or disassembly are needed. The microphone also offers Audio-Technica’s innovative UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid x3
- Frequency Response: 75-15,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (typical): 105 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 160 g (5.6 oz)
- Dimensions: 85 mm (3.35") diameter, 20 mm (0.79") height
- Output Connector: Unterminated – stripped and tinned
- Cable: 7.6 m (24.93") long unterminated-type (permanently attached to microphone), 3.8 mm (0.15") diameter, 7-conductor shielded cable; unterminated
- Accessories Furnished: Soft protective pouch
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.
Audio-Technica UniPoint® U843R Three-Element Multidirectional Boundary Microphone.
See more here:
- Audio-Technica Promotional
: “Always Listening to the Music That Moves Us”
- Audio for Video Techniques
- Recording Techniques
- Drum Miking Techniques
- Additional News Releases
Celebrating over 50 years of audio excellence worldwide, Audio-Technica is a leading innovator in transducer technology, renowned for the design and manufacture of microphones, wireless microphones, headphones, mixers, and electronics for the audio industry.