A New Mic For Your Next DIY Music Video Shoot
By HC News |
THE ON-CAMERA MICROPHONE YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE: MEET THE VIDEOMIC PRO+
Pro-audio brand RØDE Microphones is announcing a brand new addition to its best-in market on-camera category - the VideoMic Pro+.
Announced at RØDEShow 2017, Freedman Electronics' 50th anniversary celebration, the VideoMic Pro+ is set to prove that RØDE Microphones has yet again upped the game for the prosumer filmmaker.
Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features:
- Automatic Power Function (subject to plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
- Power Options - the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times. The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning.
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording.
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur.
"The VideoMic Pro+ is a new benchmark in on-camera microphones," comments Damien Wilson, RØDE and Freedman Group CEO. "We have listened to our customers and are delivering the microphone they've asked for, with features such as the Built-in Battery Door, Automatic Power Function and a Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, included in the box."
The VideoMic Pro+ ships with the LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 3.5mm TRS Cable, Micro USB Cable; includes RØDE's 10-year warranty and is now available at authorised RØDE dealers. For more information please visit www.rode.com/microphones/videomicproplus
About RØDE Microphones:
RØDE Microphones (www.rode.com) designs and manufactures high-quality microphones and related accessories for studio, live and location use. Its products are designed and primarily manufactured in Sydney, Australia and exported to over 113 countries globally. 2017 is the 50th anniversary of RØDE parent company Freedman Electronics, which began business in 1967.