R&M Tone Technology Launches PowerWire™ Active Guitar
By HC News |
“Our experience in the lab shows that conventional cables are often quite restrictive in that they tend to cut off frequencies that really exist coming out of the coil,” says Michael Harney, President and CEO. “PowerWire releases the sound of your guitar or bass like never before by feeding exactly what’s coming out of the instrument downstream to the rest of your equipment through built-in pre-amplification, for a stronger, more dynamic sound with greater note definition.”
PowerWire offers a significant and noticeable tone improvement even when compared with high-end cables. Four PowerWire cable models are available now, all with embedded low-noise amplification:
Clean Boost CB6 offers clean boost with 6 dB gain and wide spectrum, and is a highly effective universal cable for vintage, standard and single-coil pickup electric guitars.
Clean Boost CB0 offers clean boost with 0 dB gain and wide spectrum, and is best matched with high-output pickups, acoustic electrics and steel guitars.
Super Sizzle (SS) features a sub-harmonic bass boost with longer sustain to give electric and bass guitars a richer, fuller spectrum of sound with a subtle sub-harmonic in the lower frequencies. The guitar’s volume control can be used to adjust the effect.
Dynamic Distortion TS09 offers a classic distortion effect with wide spectrum. The guitar’s volume control can be used to adjust the effect.
PowerWire features include:
- Active guitar cable with patented U.S. made R&M circuitry
- Clean flat boost from 20 Hz to 20 KHz w/0.5db flatness across spectrum, an industry first
- Proven signal strength and spectrum retention even at cable lengths of up to 100 feet!
- Battery-powered pre-amp built into the jack
- Reduced noise and increased signal quality across the frequency spectrum
- Makes passive, ordinary cables sound dull in comparison
- Has the effect of adding active pickups to any guitar connected with PowerWire