Hartman Electronics Announces SFZ™ Dual-stage Hybrid Fuzz Effects Pedal
By Guest |
Hartman Electronics announces the release of its SFZ Dual-stage Silicon-Germanium hybrid Fuzz pedal (US$279.99).
The Hartman SFZ brings two classic fuzz circuits together in a single pedal. Starting with a pair of meticulously crafted clones of the original Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face circuit, the SFZ stacks 2 stages of fuzz end-to-end using gain-selected Germanium and Silicon transistor pairs (NOS NKT275 and BC108, respectively).
Each fuzz stage has its own Fuzz and Volume controls, heavy-duty true-bypass footswitch, LED indicator, and may be selected individually or combined as a pair for greater depth, detail, tonal coloration and sustain. Both fuzz stages respond exceptionally well to touch, player dynamics, changes in guitar volume--and to each other. Split internal 18v power with power kill switch permits mixing and matching carbon-zinc and alkaline batteries for even more tonal options.
Optional Internal Bias Trim is available for either or both fuzz circuits. Other options available include the Mayer-Hendrix mod (Germanium stage), an inter-stage Level/Trim control and hybrid pairing of Germanium and Silicon within a single stage.
Hartman SFZ pedals are transistor-matched and assembled to order in the USA.
- 100% hand wired, bench tested and auditioned prior to shipping
- Mil-spec plated-thru-hole printed circuit board (PCB) construction
- Genuine NOS Germanium NKT275 and Silicon BC108 transistors pre-screened and selected for low leakage, proper, and thermal stability
- 5% carbon composition resistors
- Heavy duty true-bypass switching
- Reverse-polarity protection
- External power-switch. No need to unplug the input jack to turn it off
- Metallic Silver powder-coated heavy-duty die-cast aluminum enclosure
- RF Shielded
- Dual ON/OFF LED indicators--amber for Germanium, green for Silicon
- Ships with (2) new carbon-zinc 9v batteries