Fractal Audio Systems Announces the Axe-Fx II XL Amp Modeling Preamp/Effects Processor
By HC News |
Latest Hardware Version Brings Additional Memory, Ports, and More.
Plaistow, NH, January 27, 2014—Fractal Audio Systems, creators of industry-leading guitar amp modeling and effects technology, announced today that a new model, the Axe-Fx II XL, will be available for sale in March 2014. The Axe-Fx II XL has the same DSP and amp modeling capabilities as the Axe-Fx II Mark II, but offers expanded memory, new I/O ports, and other upgrades detailed below:
· Built-in FASLINK™ port for connection to MFC-101 Mark III over conventional XLR cables.
· Dedicated MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU jacks (vs. shared OUT/THRU in the Mark II).
· Two onboard PEDAL jacks (vs. one in the Mark II).
· Primary VALUE entry via optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations.
· “Secret Sauce III” instrument input features an even lower noise floor.
· 128 Mb of non-volatile Super-FLASH memory allows for storage of up to 512 presets and 512 user cabinets with copious reserves for future expansion.
· Double-capacity preset size allows for expanded functionality including X/Y switching on more blocks and more instances of effects.
· Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update.
· Backward compatibility with Axe-Fx II Mark I/II presets via Axe-Edit software.
The Axe-Fx II XL will have a list price of $2999.95. (Direct Price TBA).
The Axe-Fx II XL will be offered for sale alongside the Axe-Fx II Mark II in our online store.
Founded in 2006 to champion the true potential of digital technology for guitar processing, Fractal Audio Systems took the guitar world by storm with the Axe-Fx line of guitar preamp/effect processors, able to replace entire rigs of gear with a single 2U black box. Fractal products are designed by musicians for musicians, employing what the company calls “eXtreme digital technology™” to innovate and inspire.
Learn more at www.fractalaudio.com