Denon DJ® Announces World's First Music Streaming Capability In Standalone DJ Hardware
By HC News |
DENON DJ® ANNOUNCES WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING CAPABILITY IN STANDALONE DJ HARDWARE
Prime Series gear will soon be enabled for internet connection, bringing premier DJ music streaming services and a whole new method of performance DJing without the need for a laptop computer.
Cumberland RI, USA (May 21st, 2019)—Denon DJ (www.denondj.com), a leading manufacturer of premium DJ products and solutions, today announced its Prime Series DJ hardware will soon be enabled for both hard-wired and Wi-Fi internet connection. This exclusive, ground-breaking innovation brings the capability of playing digital music content from the world’s premier DJ streaming services as well as directly from the Prime Series units, with no necessity for a laptop computer.
The World’s Dance Music at Your Fingertips!
Denon DJ has partnered with a selection of the industry’s most cutting-edge and content-rich digital music platforms to bring exactly what the global DJ community has been hoping for, expecting and demanding – streaming music inside a DJ’s hardware! Exclusively for Denon DJ and the Prime Series units, DJs will now be able to access millions of original tracks, remixes and mash-ups, all streamed via a choice of wired connection and Wi-Fi technology, right within the hardware itself!
A Turning Point in DJ Technology History
Denon DJ’s exciting new streaming performance innovation marks a turning point in the history of DJ technology. It works with the recently announced Prime 4 standalone DJ smart controller. In addition, the previous Prime units, the SC5000 and SC5000M, are also internet-connect-capable. Yes, you read that correctly: All these units have full WiFi capabilities! This will bring the ability to stream literally limitless amounts of DJ content, standalone, across the entire Prime Series family! #prime4all
Partnered Platforms & Services
Denon DJ will soon be announcing the date of its first premium content streaming platform partnership. Accompanying this will be video ‘how-to’ guides to show how easy it is to interface and perform in standalone streaming mode, for any DJ. With roll-out starting Summer 2019, Denon DJ will integrate the next sequence of streaming partners and associated services into the Prime Series hardware via firmware updates.
Upcoming streaming partners:
- SoundCloud – SoundCloud, the world’s largest open audio platform, will be a part of this new integration. With standalone streaming via the Prime Series, SoundCloud users can now instantly stream and mix SoundCloud’s massive catalog of more than 200 million tracks from over 20 million creators using a SoundCloud Go+ premium consumer subscription.
- Beatport – Beatport's new LINK technology will support standalone streaming with the Prime
- Series hardware. LINK, an innovative streaming service built for DJs, is the first of its kind to include an offline storage mode for public performance. Beatport’s hugely popular and club- ready digital content, along with expertly curated playlists will give Prime DJs access to an unprecedented electronic music library.
- Beatsource - Beatport and world-leading promo pool, DJcity, recently joined forces to launch the hip-hop and open format specialist DJ platform Beatsource. This new platform will provide access to a broad catalogue of music, genre-specific discovery, intuitive playlisting, and expert curation, all accessible for performance over wireless and wired connection as well as standalone streaming in the Denon DJ Prime Series products via Beatsource LINK.
- TIDAL – With access to over 60 million songs, standalone streaming with the TIDAL platform brings DJs a huge variety of music to please any crowd, dancefloor or event. DJs can easily access their personal TIDAL playlists and follow the platform’s own expertly curated selections too. With so many tracks and exclusive content across a massive variety of music styles, DJs can be prepared for any request at every conceivable gig – and all standalone within the Prime Series hardware.
Wi-Fi enabled across the entire Prime Series (Prime 4, SC5000, SC5000M)
Hard Wire/physical connection to internet available
Streaming of digital music services within standalone unit
Touchscreen Interface direct to streaming service
Buffering of track in unit memory in case of network disconnect
Add hot-cues and loop points to streamed tracks
Search artists, songs and playlists direct from touchscreen
Streaming service partners added via firmware updates starting this summer
Through the unique locker technology, both Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK will have
o Beatport Link Pro will cost $39.99 per month and allow you to take 50 tracks offline
o Beatport Link Pro+ will cost $59.99 per month and allow you to take 100 tracks offline
“Denon DJ continually delivers feature innovations, performance options and technological enhancements for all DJs,” said Denon DJ’s Creative Director, Paul Dakeyne. “With both Wi-Fi and physical internet connection now engaged across the Prime Series hardware, plus access to the huge amount of digital music content from the industry’s premier streaming services, DJs no longer need a laptop computer. This changes everything – right here, right now!”
About Denon DJ
Denon DJ (www.denondj.com) is a leading manufacturer of equipment for professional and mobile DJs. Since the introduction of their first dual-rackmount CD player in 1992, Denon DJ has provided premium, innovative solutions for world-class performances night after night.
Denon DJ is a member of the premier family of brands known as inMusic.