My lad is 18 in a couple of weeks.

He has a Lonestar strat.

100 watt AVT2000 Marshall

Shure Mic, stand etc.

2 x acoustic

1 x Crafter Electro acoustic

Black box for recording to PC

Few Boss pedals

For his 18th I would like to get him something to help his band, probably in the area of recording for EP's and Myspace etc.

Any bright ideas?

• Members

I'd go for a Fender Classic Players Baja Telecaster, very good guitar for the money
:)

Sounds a good idea, i read some good reports on the players series.

I see you are in Brighton. Will GAK do better in shop prices than the net? I am S of London a few days time might pop down.

PS I'm Sheffield too (up the Owls)

• Members

Defiantly get him a better amp!

This, but if you must get recording equipment, try the Zoom H2. It's not gonna get studio quality sound, but in a decent sized room it pulls a pretty good recording. Check out my band's cover of Hendrix's Who Knows in the myspace link below if you're interested. We literally set up like we normally practice, tried it in a few different places, and hit record. No mixing, no futzing about with, nothing. It's not great, but it's a good demo quality recording.

• Members

My lad is 18 in a couple of weeks.

He has a Lonestar strat.

100 watt AVT2000 Marshall

Shure Mic, stand etc.

2 x acoustic

1 x Crafter Electro acoustic

Black box for recording to PC

Few Boss pedals

For his 18th I would like to get him something to help his band, probably in the area of recording for EP's and Myspace etc.

Any bright ideas?

A bit of a tough question this one, without knowing if he's happy with his Strat and AVT, and also does he know that you're going to be doing this?

Yes, you could look at a mixer etc, but he may have aspirations to upgrade his Strat or amp - or both. With

Archived