What software I can use to record amplitube (guitar amplifier modeling software)?

danuniversal

• Members

Just about any recording/editing program that supports VSTi's.

You could also just use VSTHost; it's a got a pretty simple recorder in it, but it works great, has a very small footprint in regards to resources and is FREE.

• Members

But I can't.

To connect the guitar to the computer I use an ASIO driver, wich function only with software like amplifiers modelers. TO use amplitube as VST plug in, I will have to record before adding effects. The problem is that the sound recording software do not support ASIO drivers, so the sound is bad.

• Members

And actually most editors support ASIO. Cubase, Audition (since version 2.0), I am pretty sure that Reaper and even Audacity do as well. You would have to figure out how to route it, but basically you would either load the VSTi on it's own track or as an FX bus and then send your guitar track to it. You would select the track with Amplitube for monitoring.

• Members

And actually most editors support ASIO. Cubase, Audition (since version 2.0), I am pretty sure that Reaper and even Audacity do as well. You would have to figure out how to route it, but basically you would either load the VSTi on it's own track or as an FX bus and then send your guitar track to it. You would select the track with Amplitube for monitoring.

Reaper does, Audacity does not without some reworking. Has to do with their license (or lack of one actually).

"With the 1.3.3 release of Audacity, support for ASIO under Windows is now included for individuals who are prepared to compile Audacity from source code with the optional Steinberg ASIO SDK . This support is provided strictly on the basis that it is NON-DISTRIBUTABLE i.e. you may NOT copy or distribute builds including ASIO support to any third parties. The build is strictly for your own personal (private or commercial) use. For the same reasons, Audacity can NOT distribute pre-compiled versions of Audacity including ASIO support, so please don't ask!"

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=ASIO_Audio_Interface

Archived