good humbuckers for CLEAN?

Saturday

• Members

bought an SG, that has a schaller humbucker in the bridge position. it's very good for distortion but not so good for clean. any suggestions for a swap? i prefer clean and some high-end. i use to play a tele so i prefer something that sounds a bit like that, but still a humbucker ( not a p-90 or a phat cat or something ).

i heard good things about the seymour duncan pearly gates. are those good for clean?

• Members

get a burstbucker pro. not really hot and an extended high-end. sounds really crispy.

I've got BurstBucker Pros in my Les Paul and love them: they do 60's - 70's fuzz perfect, distortion great and clean good; but if you want real clean, I would recommend something with Alnico II magnets.

• Members

anything that's kinda vintage voiced should do fine. think maybe 8k output or lower. can't name brands or anything, but check GFS, see what stands out to you. Heck, I think GFS has a lipstick tube humbucker you might have interest in....

• Members

i just made this vid a few days ago demoing the clean tones of a Charvel. the bridge is a dimarzio tone zone, neck is dimarzio evolution

[YOUTUBE]tyU_KguOpAM[/YOUTUBE]

i think the cleans are good on this set. also like someone mentioned, the SD Jazz neck pup is good for cleans..

• Members

dimarzio Humbucker from Hell. it's not a hot wound pickup at all, but has volume and the clarity of an acoustic. it'll open up the bridge position to some wicked high end. i enjoy having one in the neck position of a basswood guitar. they're said to seriously open up a mahogony body guitar though

Archived