Lace Sensor pickups in a Tele?

pencil-in

• Members

I put a T-100 in my Tele. Unfortunately, I bought it used and it was damaged so the low E was super quiet compared to the rest of the strings. I was pretty bummed because the rest of the strings sounded killer and I had bought a special pickguard with two Strat pickup holes and two Gold Sensors to go with it.

• Members

^looks great. very nice looking axes, those G&Ls.

Thanks.

G&L was able to make my custom "tele" in a lefty. Fender couldn't do that without a custom shop order at much more money and a lot longer of a wait. I've been extremely happy with this guitar.

• Members

I had a red lace sensor installed in the bridge position in my G&L ASAT Bluesboy. It is quieter, not as bright and a bit hotter.

I like it a lot, but it is not a traditional sounding tele pickup.

bluetele11.jpg

How did you do that? Strat pickups aren't the same size as tele bridge pickups? Special bridge?

• Members

I've tried a few different ones. In my opinion they are kind of a "compromise pickup". They are quieter than single coils but not as bright and biting. The tone is a little sterile...sort of like a stacked humbucker.

The only "color" I seemed to like the sound of was the "gold" design.

I'd never have 3 of them in a guitar...but I think they're a good pickup to put in the center position of a 3 pickup single coil guitar. They're useful if you need a pickup to go to for noise reduction...and they also can mix with other more conventional designed pickups in interesting ways...sort of partial phase

canceling going on.

• Members

I put a Lace Sensor Gold in the neck of my '69 Tele Thinline reissue and it sounds really good. The guitar came stock with 1 meg pots which made the guitar way brighter than I wanted, so I replaced them with 250k pots. I'm a fan of Lace Sensors and have them in my Strat too (Silver/Gold/Blue). The Gold in the Tele has a nice balanced tone and is totally quiet. It sounds good in combo with the Duncan Little '59 I put in the bridge.

• Members

Gold is the best, IMO. My Tele has a blue in the neck and a red in the bridge. It's a pretty good combo, but not entirely traditional. I love my Golds in my strat, as they seem to emulate the classic Fender tone better.

More sustain? No. Completely noiseless? Yep.

• Members

I installed a Lace Senser Blue in the middle position on my Squier Infinity Tele in between my Dimarzio Area T neck and bridge pickups for something different. It is great for when I want to get some smooth and creamy sounds out of my Tele. So I guess it isn't very traditional sounding, but the Dimarzio Area T pickups are very Tele sounding and noiseless so I am getting the best of both worlds in my mind.

new.jpg

Archived