unusual NGD and my last for a long time

chrisebrooks06

• Members

HI GUYS

this is a guitar which i got from Ancient mariner, top bloke to deal with and was a pleasure meeting you mate.

i dont know too much about this guitar but it plays really well and i love it.

ill do some more research and post it as i find it,

SWITCH VIBRACELL

p1000223s.jpg

p1000224t.jpg

p1000222i.jpg

This will be my last NGD for sometime and i wont be around here as much as i use to be, because of other stuff which is going on in my life at the mo.

anyway hope you like it

chris

bit more info on specs :

Features and Specs

Body: Vibracell

Neck Material: Vibarcell

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Frets: 22

Inlays: Mother of Pearl & Abalone Block Inlays

Machine Heads: Grover Tuners

Neck Joint: Neck-thru-body

Nut Width: 1.68"

Scale: 25 1/2"

Hardware: Black Or Gold

Pickups: 2 EMG Select Humbuckers

• Members

its weird but i love it so much, but cant find a lot of info about them

I think that they are (were) part of Washburn.

I have an Osacar Schimdt IV in white that I play all of the time. It is one of my cheapest guitars, and one of my favorites. I bought it new from a store that was blowing them out. I got it for $199. It is one of the higher-end Switch guitars.

I originally picked mine up to use for outdoor improv jams. The jams were being held in a parking lot and there was gravel being thrown by cars, and lots of dust. It performed great and held tune even during the most humid/hot days in direct sun.

SwitchOscarschmidtIVcloseup.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Glad you like it Chris - hope she's fun for you.

The exact model is the Ultima IV with peizo bridge. It came with some wilkinson 'buckers in it, but they weren't well balanced (bridge way hotter than neck) so I swapped them for some GFS '59s that came originally from JJ Pistols (too polite for him). The extra 2 mini switches allow the buckers to be switched between series, parallel and coilsplit. The third mini switch, as you've discovered, switches between electric, acoustic and mixed tones. When I originally rewired it I tried to make it all work through a single output jack, but unfortunately the 2 systems aren't electrically compatible.

• Members

Glad you like it Chris - hope she's fun for you.

The exact model is the Ultima IV with peizo bridge. It came with some wilkinson 'buckers in it, but they weren't well balanced (bridge way hotter than neck) so I swapped them for some GFS '59s that came originally from JJ Pistols (too polite for him). The extra 2 mini switches allow the buckers to be switched between series, parallel and coilsplit. The third mini switch, as you've discovered, switches between electric, acoustic and mixed tones. When I originally rewired it I tried to make it all work through a single output jack, but unfortunately the 2 systems aren't electrically compatible.

thanks :thu:, was good to meet you too, hope your weekend away was good :thu:

• Members

I've been wanting to try a Switch guitar for a long time; never found one though.

I do own a Drive Elite 1x12 cab that I bought brand new for $75 - came with a road ready steel grille and loaded with a 120 Eminence Legend V12 speaker. Insanely good deal. Drive and Switch were basically the same company I think.

• Members

I've been wanting to try a Switch guitar for a long time; never found one though.

I do own a Drive Elite 1x12 cab that I bought brand new for $75 - came with a road ready steel grille and loaded with a 120 Eminence Legend V12 speaker. Insanely good deal. Drive and Switch were basically the same company I think.

keep looking its worth it, its amazing

• Members

Archived