post your favourites bands best album and also their worst in your opinion

chrisebrooks06

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Elvis Costello - Best : This Year's Model (with The Attractions, perfect album at the perfect time).

- Worst : The Juliet Letters (with the Brodsky Quartet....too indulgent for my tastes....and that's saying something !!!)

• Members
best

Black_Sabbath-Volume_4-Frontal.jpg

It took me a long time, but Vol 4 has just recently become my favorite Sabbath album (I found the LP at a church yard sale of all places for $0.25, and it's been in my record player constantly all year).

Pink Floyd is my favorite band, and it's hard to pic best because there are so many contendors. Hard to pick worst because even the album I like least is still cool. That said, I'm going with:

Best: Dark Side of the Moon
Worst: Obscured By Clouds

• Members

And I concur. Man, Nothingness still gives me chills.

Granted Nothingness is a fantastic song...but personally I thought most of that album was very weak and unfocused. To each their own though.

It's just I personally think Vivid is one of the greatest rock records of all time, let alone just Living Colour's greatest.

• Members

Dude you think stain is better than Vivid? Seriously?

dude. yes, i do. i am a bigger fan of doug Wimbish than I was Muzz. I also like Vernon's guitar sound better on Stain. All said, i fnd myself listening to Stain far more than i listen to vivid. i'm guessing you disagree, but we're both entitled to our opinions. sweet, right?

• Members

dude. yes, i do. i am a bigger fan of doug Wimbish than I was Muzz. I also like Vernon's guitar sound better on Stain. All said, i fnd myself listening to Stain far more than i listen to vivid. i'm guessing you disagree, but we're both entitled to our opinions. sweet, right?

yep I do disagree and yep you're right we are entitled to our opinions. don't get me wrong...I think stained is a good album, I just don't think it reaches the heights that vivid did. But hey if it works better for you then cool. The fact people still listen to LC makes me happy.

• Members
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Worst: I hate everything before Frusciante joined... which I think... Mother's Milk was the first one he was in.

Man that sucks. When BSSM came out my friends and I got into the back catalogue and got funkified.I dont like everything but some of the stuff was fn great.Hillel was Johns Idol.Still, nothing is better than BloodSugar.

• Members

Alice in Chains

best-Dirt

worst-there's not one but for the sake of the thread i'd say Tripod. It took me a little longer to get into this album that the rest of their catalog. I love it now

Pink Floyd

best-Wish You Were Here

worst-Piper at the Gates of Dawn...Flame On!!

• Members
Slayer Best: South of HEaven Worst: Undisputed Attitude (though I kind of like it)

Metallica Best: (Flame On!) And Justice For All Worst: Load/ReLoad (same stupid lame music, different album)

Aerosmith Best: Pump (Flamed again, I'm sure) Worst: Just Push Play

+10000000 I agree with this entire post. :thu:

My fav band: Pantera

best: Vulgar Display of Power

worst: Official Live 101 Proof (sounds like crap, just get the videos) or one of the three pre-CFH indie albums they put out. (they're ok I guess, just into the later albums more)

Archived