June Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a refurb. Just in case you are wondering, I bought a Crate Powerblock 150 Head (Refurb) last year and it is a great backup head. I have heard of problems with some of the refurb stuff, but Crate refurbs seem to be ok..

I would think it still has the crate warranty of 5 years...

I bought a factory bstock vfx last week, it is still on backorder...

• Members

Boy, that would go great with a metallic purple Daisy Rock guitar. Seriously!

Something like this:

Found out the hard way that the Rock Candy with purple finish in that photograph doesn't exist.

Daisy Rock swapped the prototype version of the "Mystic Purple" finish Rock Candy guitar for a model which is a much darker shade, with pink fake binding around the edges and pink&white zebra pickups (nowhere nearly as cool-looking), but didn't update their on-line catalogs and didn't change the name. Most of the Bain-owned retailers are still showing that pic on their web order page, but it's wrong (as will become all too obvious if you order one.)

I have no evidence that they ever distributed one that looked like that in the first place, but they certainly don't now. Too bad, because it was the only finish of that model I was ever interested in.

• Members

I wanted to use that SADIRECT code as tonight is the last night for $20 off $50 purchase. I ordered a Dean EVO XM which was $108.25 at Amazon.com and it is direct from Amazon and not a third party dealer so it's legit. I placed the normal order online through SamAsh Direct and their reg price was $130 so I wanted to make sure my order got in and then negotiate the price match later. Well I call in with my order # and the guy says Amazon is not an authorized dealer. I am not so sure since it isn't like a third party selling through Amazon, it is direct from Amazon. Any thoughts? I'd like to get the $30 off or it's cheaper to buy through Amazon with free shipping and NO tax...

• Members

A lot of retailers attempt to jump through any hoop and utilize any loophole to avoid price matching...down to when GC and another retailer were stating that the same model guitar was made with different woods (this happened a couple months ago with someone through the great deals thread)

I have no problem believing that Amazon isn't an authorized retailer. This would be much like when Overstock had the '51s for 70 or 80 bucks...good luck getting that price matched. It just comes down to them not wanting to pricematch with an online retailer that isn't an actual music store...

• Members

A lot of retailers attempt to jump through any hoop and utilize any loophole to avoid price matching...down to when GC and another retailer were stating that the same model guitar was made with different woods (this happened a couple months ago with someone through the great deals thread)

I have no problem believing that Amazon isn't an authorized retailer. This would be much like when Overstock had the '51s for 70 or 80 bucks...good luck getting that price matched. It just comes down to them not wanting to pricematch with an online retailer that isn't an actual music store...

With Best Buy now having a music store built in to some of their stores, wouldn't they still cry foul about matching their prices as they would probably say, "they aren't an AUTHORIZED dealer they are just a electronics retailer that just so happens to sell musical gear."

• Members

And you waited forever for it too, as I remember. My condolences.

It's all good. M123 made it up to me by giving me a sweet deal on some other stuff I was buying, and ultimately I'm probably better off without the Daisy Rock anyway. My Gibby & Tele are all the guitars I really need.

• Members

thats funny sweetwater has been having their daily blowouts yesterday they had that strat for 999. Today its the flying v for 1499. They need to check out the other online retailers before they do that.

That strat was $999 at MusiciansFriend yesterday as well...just not reported here until today.

• Members

Bummer. You definitely have to act fast with scratch and dent items. They usually only have one. I hope somebody here got it!

I was able to see both a black / rosewood and a 3-tone sunburst/rosewood VG strat in stock. I placed an order for the 3tone sunburst one, fully expecting it to be cancelled. But maybe I'll get lucky.

excerpt from my order confirmation email:

Items in Your Cart

Description

Qty Product # Each Total

========================================================================================

Fender VG Stratocaster Electric Guitar -

Scratch 'n' Dent 3-Tone Sunburst

Rosewood

Archived