Worst guitar string injury you've ever had?

geek_usa

• Members

one time a little kid came running up to the stage, and when i bent over i got him in th eye, then as his dad came running over i turned and got him in the eye, i screamed "oh {censored}" and ripped my guitar off the strap, and blam, it got me i the eye...3 eye's one string. i was having a very bad day at that point:cry:

WHAT????? it could have happened, you don't know!

• Members

I've had pretty good luck, but a buddy of mine was playing his Ibanez and was doing some bends. I was to his right, and is E string broke at the locking nut, and it flipped towards me and actually stuck in my skin and stayed there!

:eek:

Of course, it only bled for a minute or two, but it was kinda shocking to actually see.

• Members

My LP Studio has a Gibson TP-6 Tailpiece, it's the one with fine tuners where the string is dropped into a slot and held in place by tension. I went to change the strings one day and when I barely even touched the tuner for the G string it snapped right at the post, flew right out of the bridge and hit a wall about six feet away. It flew right past my face making a loud whipping sound as it went through the air and made loud clack when it hit the wall. It was a .024 unwound string tuned to G. It probably could have sliced my nose right off my face or even sliced my whole face right off my head. It was the most violent string breakage I had ever encountered.

I wasn't injured by it, but it showed me how much potential energy is stored in a string at tension. A snapped string could easily blind you or cause a nasty injury. I turn my head away from the headstock any time I am tuning now.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

One day I was playing my ten years old mandolin, which has have the same strings since my mother gave it to me...

Getting fun...

The first string broke and jump immediately to be inserted in my had...

I hated that thing...and I have not touched that mandolin since, because I am afraid of having more injuries...

• Members

One day I was paying my ten years old mandolin, which has have the same strings since my mother gave it to me...

Getting fun...

I hated that thing...and I have not touched that mandolin since, because I am afraid of having more injuries...

What's with the old thread bumpage, reading the forum past to present?

• Members

One day I was paying my ten years old mandolin, which has have the same strings since my mother gave it to me...

Getting fun...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You should change your strings more often....

• Members

What's with the old thread bumpage, reading the forum past to present?

I fell in love...

:love:

?

yesterday...

I want to remember all about her...all that little details of our lifes that are driving me crazy...

:rolleyes:

I love her...

• 11 years later...
  • Members

last night i was tuning my guitar with an apparently broken tuner, so i over tightened the second thickest string on my guitar...it snapped embedding itself into my wrist, it literally left a small tunnel under my skin about a centimetre long but thankfully not too deep. i actually didnt feel it at first, but then when i felt the stinging pain begin to shoot through my arm i saw it and tried to pull it out but the texture on the string made it hard to pull out...i wanted to see how common things like that are so i came here ...apparently its not common at all lol

Archived