My First Act Sheena Story

Songman68

• Members

Skip the amp. 107.72 for the guitar, delivered.

1 CE240 Blue $99.99 each

Sub Total: $99.99

Shipping: $7.73

Grand
Total: $107.72

Where I live, they get me for tax too, (if I buy from JR), but still a good deal.

The v-stack guitar still catches my eye too, and for 84. plus the s & t.......another good deal, but I already have the VW guitar and it's basically the same.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've met accomplished guitar players who don't know the first thing about brands, or guitars really, they just know their own. One fine player I met had no idea what a truss rod was.

There's a difference between being an accomplished guitar player and an accomplished guitar buyer.

That would be like a carpenter looking at your yellow Dewalt drill and saying "Nice Makita you got there!" Come on. Even I know a Gibson guitar when I see and hear one.

• Members
That would be like a carpenter looking at your yellow Dewalt drill and saying "Nice Makita you got there!" Come on. Even I know a Gibson guitar when I see and hear one.

The real point is, a person who uses kitchen cabinets is not the same as a person who builds them, which is what that previous post was trying to convince us of..

• Members

Geez.

Ok, let's try it this way:

Suppose you had a month to prepare for doing a gig with an acoustic guitar. Do you think you're capable?

Suppose, after you pulled that off, someone came up and talked to you, and then concluded that you COULDN'T be an accomplished player because you didn't even know who Linda Manzer is, and had no idea what the bracing pattern variation on the underside of your soundboard was called.

Would they be right? Did not knowing that keep you from playing well?

If it ain't a Gypsum it ain't real guitar music. ;)

• Members

Geez.

Suppose you had a month to prepare for doing a gig with an acoustic guitar. Do you think you're capable?

Suppose, after you pulled that off, someone came up and talked to you, and then concluded that you COULDN'T be an accomplished player because you didn't even know who Linda Manzer is, and had no idea what the bracing pattern variation on the underside of your soundboard was called.

My head just blew right off.

• Members

The two pickup one in blue is $99 plus $8 shipping directly from First Act.

http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStore/product/CE2400002-Sheena-CE240-Blue,569,127.aspx

Toss in one of the 30 watt V-Stack amps for $79 and that's quite a setup for around $200. If I had a kid who wanted to start playing guitar, I would probably get that combo for him/her. I'm sure it would destroy any Squier Strat beginner pack.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Excellent deal!

• Members

Geez.

Your right, I can see where an odd shaped guitar with an F on the headstock would be confused with a Gibson ...

• Members

Lest I be accused of missing your subtle sarcasm: So sorry, you've obviously read the whole thread and you're not stretching at all just to keep the argument going.

Consider me chastised.

hmmmmmm......i don't think he was being sarcastic, he was just assuming the guy had crazy good vision, you know, like Superman.

• Members

Skip the amp. 107.72 for the guitar, delivered.

GAS Penguin has, uh Spoken~!

f-Penguin-Slap-3771.gif

1 CE240 Blue $99.99 each

Sub Total: $99.99

Shipping: $7.73

Grand
Total: $107.72

I held out as long as I could but I just COULDN'T RESIST ANY LONGER!! :facepalm:

BTW DC/Tweedle when are yours due to deliver? I'm really hoping mine won't show up until Friday.

• Members

I held out as long as I could but I just COULDN'T RESIST ANY LONGER!!
:facepalm:

BTW DC/Tweedle when are yours due to deliver? I'm really hoping mine won't show up until Friday.

I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, so I'm not sure. I'm expecting it some time next week, probably.

• Members

Will First Act ever be able to overcome their association with WalMart as low end guitars for kids?

It's a stigma for them.

I like their SFA stuff. Very cool designs.

But I only like them at these low prices. I'd never pay full price for them because they carry the First Act name.

Will First Act ever be able to overcome their association with WalMart as low end guitars for kids?

It's a stigma for them.

I like their SFA stuff. Very cool designs.

But I only like them at these low prices. I'd never pay full price for them because they carry the First Act name.

You must close your eyes and be the guitar..... :D

[YOUTUBE]rBMD_rFz-1c&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uzhwQNiycw0&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I'm guessing that's not going to be a problem from here forward, one way or another.

They're either killing the entire mid-range (hence these prices) or making some other pretty big changes.

A different brand for each level of quality would be a great start, but I'm afraid it may just be the end for their better import guitars.

I think you may be right about that. Target now has a line of "222 by First Act" guitars. I hope these guys make it, I like how they're trying to innovate new designs instead of being another knock-off strat/tele/LP copy.

• Members

I think you may be right about that. Target now has a line of "222 by First Act" guitars. I hope these guys make it, I like how they're trying to innovate new designs instead of being another knock-off strat/tele/LP copy.

They seem to have a confused marketing plan.

I've seen the Target ad for the 222 guitar. It looks pretty good but no serious guitar player is going to buy it.

First Act's cash cow is the WalMart, Target market. That's good for the bottom line but makes their high end guitars a tough sell image wise.

I'll buy a $500 guitar for $99 though. Even if it's First Act.

• Members

anybody got good pictures of the blue set neck sheena?

im a click away from purchasing it but am kinda hesitant.

Here are some "real" pictures.

The thing is... under normal circumstances it really appears darker than in these photos. The flash lightens up the flame quite a bit. I love the color - the flame shows up less in real life and it's a bit darker.

Um.... You will also see the FREE Craftsman hat from our own hot deals some time back... just arrived. I love free.

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Archived