NGD: Ibanez Talman TC420

JA2112

• Members

I don't often get excited about buying cheap used guitars, but this is an exception. Just picked up this Talman TC420. Looks to be pretty much stock, but it needs some TLC and it'll be a solid player. The neck has a really comfortable profile (definitely not Wizard-like at all) and it's not heavy considering it's made of MDF. Just wish it had bigger frets. Already have a set of GFS Liverpools on order (going retro on this one) and some new pots and switches. But you can't deny the *bling* factor on this guitar.

So bring on the NGD b00bies :)

Talman.jpg

• Members

Hell yeah! I used to have a friend with one of those things in green and I always loved it. I've never seen a gold finish like that on a Talman and I totally dig it. Of course, if they're stock, I would switch out those pickups, but other than that you've got one kick ass piece right there! Congrats!

EDIT: oh yeah, NGD bewbz! Goldie for a goldie!

x9XBr.jpg

• Members

Mother of Bowling Ball. Seriously.

The Talman's aren't exctly "classy" instruments-- they're kinda kitchy, which means appointments should follow as such.

WD has a large selection of pickguards and blanks, but hell, they're easy to make, why don't you make your own? I made this out of a 99 cent 3-D wall mount from a 99 cent store:

F80Wt.jpg

• Members

Mother of Bowling Ball. Seriously.

The Talman's aren't exctly "classy" instruments-- they're kinda kitchy, which means appointments should follow as such.

WD has a large selection
of pickguards and blanks, but hell, they're easy to make, why don't you make your own? I made this out of a 99 cent 3-D wall mount from a 99 cent store:

F80Wt.jpg

There's only enough room in this world for one guitar that classy...

• Members

I don't often get excited about buying cheap used guitars, but this is an exception. Just picked up this Talman TC420. Looks to be pretty much stock, but it needs some TLC and it'll be a solid player. The neck has a really comfortable profile (definitely not Wizard-like at all) and it's not heavy considering it's made of MDF. Just wish it had bigger frets. Already have a set of GFS Liverpools on order (going retro on this one) and some new pots and switches. But you can't deny the *bling* factor on this guitar.

So bring on the NGD b00bies
:)

Talman.jpg

My friend has a black one with lipstick pickups. Its a really cool guitar, I like it quite a bit.

• Members

I have the greenish P90 version, but it lacks the overwhelming bling . . .

I wasn't sure what to expect of the Talman since I've never played one, but if I can snag a P90 version for a good price, then I'm in.

• Members

Congrats man, these are really nice guitars IMO. I have one of the fugly orangeburst Talmans (Talmen?) with 3 lipstick p/us. I love the neck, the pickups sound very unique, and the hardware all seems to be well above average quality. Great guitar...enjoy it!

• Members

I had the yellowish orange one with the laminated flame maple top and 3 lipstick pickups. I sold it before I could put a really bangin' set of pickups in it. It played real nice, but the weak point was its electronics. But that wasn't reason I sold it. It had a floating trem, and at the time, I felt I was done with those things.

Overall, a real nice guitar for the money. I think I paid like $250 for it on ebay, and it was like new.

Archived