If you could only have two guitars...

John_McEnroe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
tell me about this guitar...
:love:

It is a 91 or 92 MIJ Fender "photoflame" 62' RI Stratocaster in "autum burst" complete with 1962' stamped date at the heel of the neck, medium frets, chunky "C" neck.

Body is one piece Alder w/a 1/4 inch Basswood cap, currently with Fender Tex-mex pups.

100_0048.jpg

000_0015.jpg

100_0047.jpg

A close-up of teH "Hamburgler" in the finish.:snax:

100_0052.jpg

• Members

I'd have something with a mahogany body and maple cap, Mahogany neck and rose wood fingerboard with two humbuckers and something with an ash body maple neck and fingerboard and single coils. Plus at least one of them would need a whammy bar. I'm not bothered about the make or model as long as i get the specs i need with a nice action and good feel.

• Members
I'd have something with a mahogany body and maple cap, Mahogany neck and rose wood fingerboard with two humbuckers and something with an ash body maple neck and fingerboard and single coils. Plus at least one of them would need a whammy bar. I'm not bothered about the make or model as long as i get the specs i need with a nice action and good feel.

How about these....????

Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop............

100_0054.jpg

100_0056.jpg

Here's a 2008 Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster, one piece Swamp ash body, with a 12 inch radius Maple board with EMG's.

100_0045.jpg

100_0046.jpg

000_0016.jpg

• Members
How about these....????

Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop............

100_0054.jpg

100_0056.jpg

Here's a 2008 Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster, one piece Swamp ash body, with a 12 inch radius Maple board with EMG's.

100_0045.jpg

100_0046.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Man how did you know i want a classic goldtop and a cherryburst strat so bad one day i will have both.

• Members

vintage hotrod Strat and a Mccarty

However

hellion 213

I completely agree (with the ibanez anyway). i used to have this one and was like the only coil tapped guitar i owned where the coil tap sounded like a strat. in fact i'd say it was the most versatile guitar i've ever played

:thu:

• Members

Only 2 huh?

* My Taylor 114CE piezo acoustic (you said ALL styles), and

* My Fender Highway-1 Strat (it's a better player than my LP)

If I could have 3, I'd include either my Epi LP or a Gibby LP Studio. Failing that, how about two loaded pickguards for my Strat? One in my Strat's current config (SSS vintage-voiced; for classic Strat sound there is no other config) and a more versatile HSH with coil taps for the buckers and either a neck-on switch w/ the five-way or on-offs for each pickup. A jack of all trades, so to speak; you would technically have 90% of the popular electric configs in one axe (obviously there are other differences that make a major difference in tone, so it wouldn't totally match the sound of any other guitar except the SuperStrat it would be).

Archived