mixers question.

Locky

• Members

Originally posted by Locky

its just gonna be used for me in my room to spin stuff for myself.. maybe the odd house party. i want sumthing that will have a full range of the required functions.

Price range? How many channels do you need? Are you going to scratch at all or just mix? What are you going to hook to it? Do you need an effects loop?

:confused::):confused:

This is a good sounding mixer with optical crossfader for very cheap if you only need 2 channels:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Numark-Pro-SM-2-Professional-DJ-Mixer-SM2-VG-NR-L-K_W0QQitemZ7411770631QQcategoryZ14986QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:thu:

• Members

yea just 2 channels..

i'll run it to 2 tower speakers and a sub.

no effects loop.. bit of scratching.

i want sumthin where i can cut the mids highs and lows out with the flick of a switch.(individually)

• Members
Originally posted by Locky

yea just 2 channels..

i'll run it to 2 tower speakers and a sub.

no effects loop.. bit of scratching.

i want sumthin where i can cut the mids highs and lows out with the flick of a switch.(individually)

So you need kill-switches. What's your price range? Are you looking for something higher-end like Ecler, Allen & Heath, Pioneer, Rane...etc. Or, are you more like into getting a Numark, Gemini, Stanton, etc...?

• Members

Originally posted by DJ Schmeejay

So you need kill-switches. What's your price range? Are you looking for something higher-end like Ecler, Allen & Heath, Pioneer, Rane...etc. Or, are you more like into getting a Numark, Gemini, Stanton, etc...?

i'm not lookin for hard core good..

just sumthin strong thats gonna last.. so price range is up to 600$

• Members

If you're sure you want the toggle type kill switches of course there are mixers out there that have them, but I think you'll notice that most of the high quality gear that would still be in your budget will have either the linear fader type like the Xone or the traditional rotary knob. The supposed advantage to the toggle switches in their instant cut off/on of the affected frequency can also be a disadvantage in that the actual sound produced when making this transition can come out like a click and can be a lot more noticable than a fade, which can be done just as quickly and isn't nearly as mechanical sounding. Some mixers with a fader/knob eq interface will also have an eq engage toggle switch which can be used the same way, but that's a little extra work for the fingers.

If you're set on the switches, I think I'd check out a Denon DNX-300. I looked around a little bit and everything else I saw that had them said Gemini or Stanton on it, and I wouldn't recommend any of their stuff to someone who'd be willing to spend $600 on a mixer.

Personally, I think insisting on that type of input is really going to limit you in what is available to choose from and you'll probably end up getting a lesser quality mixer than you might otherwise. It just seems like you find those mostly on the toys, not the gear designed with fidelity and performance in mind.

• Members

that denon looks perfect..

thanx for the paragraphs there.. it helped out alot man.

but for the minimal amount i know and how much its gonna get used and the level it will be used at the denon is exactly what i need.. thanx again

• 1 month later...

Archived