How many here gig? FT or PT?

• Members

I just wondered- who here is, or aspires to be, a professional performing musician?

I've toured and recorded full time for the past 41 years and I hope I'm able to add at least another 41 years ;)

• Members

Jotown- what instrument do you play? (edited: I guess that's what links are for, duh)

Geoff- just wondered what kind of composing you do. Soundtracks, musicals, ringtones, top 40 hits etc.?

Sean- where are you moving to in the Southeast?

BTW I am not a jazzer or classical concert pianist either one, just a non-singing keyboard player who does a wide range of gigs- bar bands to solo piano, to situations that call for reading charts or notation. I prefer to not use backing tracks but would do so if needed. I have found a site that fits my mentality, musicianswages.com - but the forum there is not very active. It's good to hear from the giggers here, please keep the posts coming.

• Members

Pink, We are looking at the St. Agustine Area of FL because my finance loves it there and Jacksonville is close for school/work etc. We both have family throughout FL and I grew up in Palm Beach County and all my immediate family is there. I hate S. FL but N. FL is alright because it's not so crowded and the weather is just cooler enough several months out of the year. We'll probably come up North in the summers though.

• Members

Hey, that's my resume!

I was just going to say:

"I'm doing film & television work. I just finished scoring a film; but I mostly compose libraries, which get used in a wide variety of television shows."

But I guess Ken covered it! :D

I had the pleasure of checking out a soundtrack that Geoff's working on a little while ago, which sounded very very good.

Thanks, Ken. :o

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I have a big gig next Saturday at NEARfest. My band doesn't play out often but I'm hoping that changes with the new lineup. I'll have three Moogs for the gig. I smile as i type this. :D

Archived