Neda: An Angel Struck Down!

Beck

• Members

A flower crushed in Lucifer's hand...

What song can express this? What words? What arrangement? What instruments can play it?

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1245184891827&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25669704-2,00.html

The bystanders didn't know what to do. Why can't we be everywhere at once?

neda.jpg

• Members

I think the fact that the so-called religious authorities that run the country have warned all mosques not to allow any memorial services for this innocent young woman speaks clearly as to the absolute and total lack of moral and spiritual legitimacy of the tyrants hiding behind clerical robes who are attempting to keep their iron-fisted control of Iran and its people.

• Members

So far, the news I've seen here is reporting that she was gunned down in cold blood while essentially not really doing much. She has become a rallying cry for many in Tehran, according to news agencies, with some chanting her name at rallies, and her photos/story being distributed everywhere in Iran and beyond.

I've got a few friends who are from Tehran, but so far, their families appear to be safe.

Also, I've seen this a couple of times:

If anyone is on Twitter, set your location to Tehran & time zone to GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location/timezone searches. The more people at this location, the more of a logjam it creates for forces trying to shut Iranians' access to the internet down. Cut & paste & pass it on.

So I pass this on in case it is helpful to those in need.

• Members

She was simply watching the protesters, and a physician witnessed a gunman take aim and shoot her in the heart.

"At 19:05 June 20th Place: Kargar Ave., at the corner crossing Khosravi St. and Salehi st. A young woman who was standing aside with her father [sIC, later identified as her music teacher] watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart. I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim

• Members

That's because Iran has supplied a plausible explanation- her death was an accident. She was mistaken for the sister of a political dissident or troublemaker of some sort. But in (IMO) somewhat heavy-handed and misguided retaliation, the Iranian diplomats have had their invitations rescinded to the White House 4th of July Weenie Roast. So now we can move on.

• Members

The government is also accusing protesters of killing Soltan, describing her as a martyr of the Basij militia. Javan, a pro-government newspaper, has gone so far as to blame the recently expelled BBC correspondent, Jon Leyne, of hiring "thugs" to shoot her so he could make a documentary film.

Amazing the brutality of these low life "people". If, in fact, she had been killed by the protesters and she is a martyr of the militia, I would think the funeral would have been a state event with much celebration.

• Members

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/26/hakakian.neda/index.html

I think the writer of this article has a beautiful idea.

And BTW it really pisses me off when all you hear and read on the news now concerns MJ's death or which latest politician has been caught cheating on his wife. IMO that's all trivial crap compared to the story of Neda and what the people of Iran are going through to get what everyone of us take for granted.

Archived