What are the best guitars for Indie music?

younggun123

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good clean amps with clean headroom, with a delay pedal or two, and any kind of guitar that you like.

You can also go the indie douchebag route: Buy a pawn shop POS "vintage" guitar or amp, spend a few grand on "boutique" knock-off pedals that sound no better than the mass-produced pedals they emulate, and play sloppy.

• Members

^^^ what foppy says.

"Indie" is one of those phony, made-up genres. The original "indie" music was simply stuff you didn't hear on the mainstream stations (derived from "independent" recording labels), because the "indie" labels were relatively small and didn't have the marketing clout that the big boys had.

• Members

^^^ what foppy says.

"Indie" is one of those phony, made-up genres. The original "indie" music was simply stuff you didn't hear on the mainstream stations (derived from "independent" recording labels), because the "indie" labels were relatively small and didn't have the marketing clout that the big boys had.

Okay, while I do I agree with this, I have to ask....why does every gear suggestion thread for a genre/style/approach ultimately turn into "this kind of genre sucks, is over-marketed or fake now, no longer exists for real because these bands broke up, etc"?:confused:

Oh, well.....What the hell do I know? I'm betting this thread is about to go this route now. Just like that thread where the kid wanted to know if he could use a Flying V for punk....and suddenly it went on for pages and pages of people arguing what punk was and the bands he liked weren't real punk bands and :blah: :blah: :blah:

• Members

Whatever guitars people that aren't popular.

Indie isn't a "genre" that has it's own traditional instruments and so forth. I can tell you what other indie bands have used before but it's kind of dumb. You can be indie and use anything.

I mostly associate Rickenbackers with "indie" though for some reason.

Archived