Bernie Rico JR Hybrid

rridner

• Members

I had always hoped that one day I would get the opportunity to check out a Bernie Rico guitar, but the price tag of the Handmade USAs made that for the most part a pipe dream - much like owning a USA Dean. When the Hybrids were announced/released - it seemed a bit more feasible, but still kind of hard to spend $1500 on an import guitar that I had never physically seen or played. A few wks ago, I was browsing the Rico website - just checking things out and noticed the Hybrids had gone down in price from the original $1500. I decided to give them a call. Much to my surprise Rico JR himself answered the phone! We talked about this and that for a while - mostly gear, guitars, etc - the usual stuff we all discuss. After the normal topics had gotten out of the way, I told him I was interested in getting my hands on one of the Hybrid Vixens. He told me he was discontinuing the line, to focus more on the Handmade stuff & that he was blowing the remaining Hybrids out! The price he gave me was downright shocking! Rico JR is a stand up guy and has been a pleasure to deal with. He is very accomodating and easy going. If you have ever thought about getting a Rico Hybrid - NOW is the time to do so! He has a few left in Black, Gun Metal & Metallic Blood Red. You will be shocked at the quote you receive! He sets the guitar up to the tuning of your choice & with your preferred string gauge as well. My Vixen should be here next week and it is coming with all kinds of case candy - Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Rico JR Guitars T-Shirt and a Guitar Tool Kit! I cannot wait for this guitar to show up at my door! If it is anything like I have heard and read - it will smoke any guitar I have touched!

EB_6160sh.jpg

Product Information

Brand:: Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

Model: Vixen Hybrid Guitar

Electronics: 1 volume, 1 three way toggle, 1 tone

Number of Pickups: 2

Pickup Types: EMG 81(b)/85(n)

Bridge Type: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo

Finish: Poly Urethane

Technology: Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Technology

Electric Guitar Type: 6 String Electric Guitar - Right handed

Construction: Neck Through Configuration

Neck Thru Module: 3 piece maple neck (no dovetail)

Neck Profile: C shape at the center, D shape at the sides

Binding: Neck binding only

Wings: Solid Selected Mahogany

Fret Board: 24 Fret Ebony fret board

Fret board Radius: 16 "

Lock Nut: 41 mm/1 5/8 in width

Inlays: Diamond Shaped Mother of Pearl Inlays and traditional side dot position markers

Hardware Color: Black

Tuners: Grover Imperials

Case: High quality hard shell, form fitted - heavy duty latches and hinges

Archived