Accutronics Reverb?

mrbrown49

• Members

Any body know how to order a unit from these guys? I know the part number I need (8BB3C1A) but can't find it in stock at any distributor. I contacted accutronics and they longer sell direct and I was referred to their new parent company (Belton) but haven't gotten anywhere with them.

• Members

Never ordered one but I can tell you the custom accutronics reverb tank on my BOOGIE Quard preamp is the best I've ever heard, aside from a vintage fender.

Yeah, their higher end models are quite nice, that's why I want one. :p Even though the model I am looking for is a really short tank it should be a considerable improvement over the one in there now.

Oh, and to correct my original post, I think I actually want the 8BB3C1B.

• Members

I recently had them build a new reverb.

Here's the link to their site: http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/

You can order directly through them via their ebay page (link on their site), or you can call their sales guy and order direct (same pricing as ebay page), or you can buy through mojo, if they got the model you need. Probably others sell 'em I just don't know who. With shipping included I found Mojo to have the lowest item+ship cost for my model.

I ordered direct from Accutronics, drove over and picked it up thereby negating the ship charge. They are out yonder in suburbs NW of Chgo.

Yes, I heard they got bought out by Belton, but as of a couple months ago, still in operation in IL.

• Members

I recently had them build a new reverb.

Here's the link to their site:

You can order directly through them via their ebay page (link on their site), or you can call their sales guy and order direct (same pricing as ebay page), or you can buy through mojo, if they got the model you need. Probably others sell 'em I just don't know who. With shipping included I found Mojo to have the lowest item+ship cost for my model.

I ordered direct from Accutronics, drove over and picked it up thereby negating the ship charge. They are out yonder in suburbs NW of Chgo.

Yes, I heard they got bought out by Belton, but as of a couple months ago, still in operation in IL.

Problem is they were bought out and that web page is now defunct. The contact info goes to the people that used to sell them but they can't actually sell that product anymore. I contacted the guy that handled reverb sales under their former owner and he referred me to Belton's webpage, but there is no listing of accutronics on their page yet (and it's not very user friendly). They are still in transition to converting sales to Belton.

• Members

Yeah I just tried to order a type 4 from them and had the same problem. Luckily I found an ebay store seller who had one and it's en route now. The guy from accutronics told me it may be a month or so until they get it figured out. I snapped the one I could find up real quick cause you never know how a change of ownership might affect the product line. Or to a lesser extent how many bugs they will have figuring out their new ordering and shipping.

• Members

Problem is they were bought out and that web page is now defunct. The contact info goes to the people that used to sell them but they can't actually sell that product anymore. I contacted the guy that handled reverb sales under their former owner and he referred me to Belton's webpage, but there is no listing of accutronics on their page yet (and it's not very user friendly). They are still in transition to converting sales to Belton.

Bummer. I assume you talked to the same Accutronics guy I ordered mine from; Cal Shuett, the high volume order guy?

No idea what you can do if companies like Mojo can't help.

Sucks also if people lost jobs.

• Members

Bummer. I assume you talked to the same Accutronics guy I ordered mine from; Cal Shuett, the high volume order guy?

No idea what you can do if companies like Mojo can't help.

Sucks also if people lost jobs.

Yup, same guy. Even though he couldn't help me get a unit he was very helpful in finding out what the replacement/upgrade should be and hooked me up with some part numbers. Superior customer service!! :thu:

• Members

Hopefully they'll keep the same part id system when Belton gets their {censored}e together. Although, maybe it's universal.?

It seems a lot of listings for tanks give the accutronics equivalent in the description, which is very helpful. I'm not sure if it's an industry standard kinda thing or something the vendors post to help sell the right product, but I really like that system. It's really easy to know what you are getting, without weeding through spec docs for every unit you come across.

Archived