I think I've found my next guitar

Crappymonkey

• Members

I've been all over the city this weekend playing hollow and semi-hollow new and used guitars trying to figure out which ones I like best under $1000.

I played an Epi Dot, a Gretch Electromatic, a Vintage 335 copy, a Epi Joe Pass, and a bunch more that I don't remember anymore...

My favorite by far was the Godin 5th Avenue CW Kingpin II. It just felt right for me and sounded great. I've already started saving for it :thu:

Canadian Wild Cherry archtop

Canadian Wild cherry back & sides

Silver Leaf maple neck

Contoured high-gloss black headstock

Custom Polished Finish reminiscent of the

french polish of the 19th century

Rosewood Fingerboard

Adjustable Tusq Bridge by Graphtech

Cream Binding

2x Godin Kingpin P90 single-coil pickups

3-way toggle switch, 1x Volume, 1x Tone

16" (406 mm) fingerboard radius

24.84" (630 mm) Scale

1.72" (43 mm) nut width

godin5thavecognacpucw.jpg

• Members

They only had one in the store and it was $849. I hope to find a better price or buy it in the states if our currencies become even again
;):thu:

Well we were at 97 cents the other day for awhile.. It has to stay up for a month or two before prices start to move. By Feb.

• Members

I have the Kingpin (1 pup no cut) same cognac color and it is incredible! Very comfortable whether standing or sitting, impeccable workmanship, great tone from the P90 pup and, since I recently changed strings to chrome 11's opened up a new vista of sound e.g. no string noise...just pure jazz either with my princeton reissue or my polytone mini brute II. You will not be sorry choosing that guitar. It is also very light, but strong.

• Members

Rats! I thought I was all done with gas for the year.

My buddy is now carrying these in his store and I just love the sound of P90s. I can feel another donation to his retirement fund coming on... the mrs will not be pleased if I pull the trigger on another one :facepalm:

• Members

I have the Kingpin (1 pup no cut) same cognac color and it is incredible! Very comfortable whether standing or sitting, impeccable workmanship, great tone from the P90 pup and, since I recently changed strings to chrome 11's opened up a new vista of sound e.g. no string noise...just pure jazz either with my princeton reissue or my polytone mini brute II. You will not be sorry choosing that guitar. It is also very light, but strong.

It did feel very light. I was quite supprised when I picked it up.

Archived