EVH Wolfgang Fake?

SmoothOcean

• Members

some guy posted this guitar on craigslist asking 1,200 for it. It looks like one of these fakes a guy posted in a thread the other day. Is it a fake? I can't find any others that look like it. heres the url for the fakes. http://126-music.en.made-in-china.com/product/mowQjsICXnpR/China-Peavey-EVH-Wolfgang-Style-Guitar.html

heres some pics of the one he posted on CL

f05dvd.jpg

10ru2dh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If you have seen the fake chinese ones, they are a little off in different areas. The headstock is off a bit and the bottom shape as well. Just by looking at the body alone I can tell that it is legit. The copies that they are making are not even close to the quality that they are doing on the Les Pauls on the Wolfgang models. In matter of fact, you can do a search there is a guy that ordered the new Fender Wolfgang fakes and the headstock is awful....Hope that helps. Also, most of the fakes, if not all are with a recessed trem, alot more routing than on the Standard Wolfgangs. Buy a used Special for about the same price and be happy!

• Members

If you have seen the fake chinese ones, they are a little off in different areas. The headstock is off a bit and the bottom shape as well. Just by looking at the body alone I can tell that it is legit. The copies that they are making are not even close to the quality that they are doing on the Les Pauls on the Wolfgang models. In matter of fact, you can do a search there is a guy that ordered the new Fender Wolfgang fakes and the headstock is awful....Hope that helps. Also, most of the fakes, if not all are with a recessed trem, alot more routing than on the Standard Wolfgangs. Buy a used Special for about the same price and be happy!

Jesus it took you 2 years for your first post :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Jesus it took you 2 years for your first post.

I use this site for gear reviews, just started checking out the forums. To answer the others about the foreign sites, keep searching and you will find them. I do not advocate the purchase of blatant copyright infringement. I do not judge others that do...I get it...just don't feel the need to point others in that direction. I hope you can respect my view. Buyer beware...they are not good copies.

Archived