Anyone Use P-90/Bridge, Humbucker/Neck?

thewizardsofhop

• Members

EG has a p90 bridge and mini hum neck if I remember correctly.

You are correct. BG Pure90 at the bridge and a mini at the neck. Its heaven to my ears. The mix of the two together is wild. You get the nice thick tones of the HB along with the spank and harmonics of the 90. Love it.

EG

• Members

So you all that have GFS p90's...you like them? I just ordered a pure 90 for a neck pickup in an old Ibanez. They seem to get decent reviews. I didn't feel that the Ibanez was worth the price of BG's.

Mine's a BG Pure 90. Never used a GFS but can vouch that the BGs are worth every penny.

EG

• Members

my main thing is that i dont like humbucker bridges that much but i love p90 bridges...and i dont like p90 necks much but a good humbucker neck is awesome.

i wonder how good the middle position will sound though too.

Well mine is a minihum in the neck but the middle position is my favorite. I get that P90 spank mixed with the nice thick HB tones together. I work the three way a lot though. All the positions sound terrific.

EG

• Members

I'm not a fan of this setup -- I think the middle position sounds like a mess. at least in my experience.

I've personally heard it both ways. The middle position in my 4248 Avante sounds awesome and full; the same position in my old p90/H Strat sounded downright turrible.

• Members

I was really surprised at the middle position on mine. I think it sounds absolutely fantastic. More like the best of both worlds than the worst of both worlds. That middle position sound is why I haven't replaced the Dream 90 in the bridge yet as I don't particularly care for the Dream 90 bridge by itself.

Archived