Are there any guitar cables that don't get tangled up?

The Rossness

• Members

PRS is making cables now. They look well-made but part of their marketing is that silly oxygen-free copper hype.

What really makes them interesting is the demo of its tangle-free feature:

at 0:20 of that video, it looks like he has the cable wound correctly anyway, so it wouldn't tangle when thrown.

• Members

at 0:20 of that video, it looks like he has the cable wound correctly anyway, so it wouldn't tangle when thrown.

Yup, probably. I'm sure they only used the video that came out the right way anyway.

I've had plenty of cables that seemed to tangle no matter how correctly they were wound, or how gently they were unwound, so it still looks kind of cool. ;)

• Members

Yup, probably. I'm sure they only used the video that came out the right way anyway.

I've had plenty of cables that seemed to tangle no matter how correctly they were wound, or how gently they were unwound, so it still looks kind of cool.
;)

Yes, some of my cables stil insist on tangling up, no mater how careful I am in winding them, but that PRS cable is undoubtedly new, and its being wound correctly, so it wont tangle...

pretty cool if it still doesn't tangle after 2 or 3 months of incorrect winding, we shall see.

• Members

every one... just wrap it properly.

This....

And, with "higher end" cables, the cable, and core material are flexible, yet really strong. Seem to be much less prone to tangles. I've owned Monster cables, and they were great. Best I have now is my Mogami Gold cable. Resists tangling up, but truthfully any cable CAN get tangled...

if it REALLY bugs you, pick up one of these:

Wireless System

• Members

The cloth covered ones seem to work pretty well because there isn't much friction so the cable doesn't "grab onto" itself which is what leads to a lot of tangling. Other than that, that's just the nature of the beast, you gotta wrap them correctly and store them right and they should be OK.

• Members

They all have their own issues, if you store them properly it's not so much of a problem, You have to coil them back up directionally, they have a natural way they want to coil, a memory of the original wrap direction from the factory, Take the time to coil them up and put them away when your not using them. I like Monster cables. The fabric cables look cool but because of the weave aren't as forgiving and kink easier.

I've followed this discipline and I have cables for years,

My son hasn't learned yet and his cables don't last long.

A wireless is great, but that only eliminates 1 cable. The ones in your effects loop still need proper attention.

• Members

They all have their own issues, if you store them properly it's not so much of a problem, You have to coil them back up directionally, they have a natural way they want to coil, a memory of the original wrap direction from the factory, Take the time to coil them up and put them away when your not using them.

+1

I have no idea what brands of cables I use, but I always store them like this and never had any problems with tangling.

Archived