Bands that use delay?

Guitarboy48

• Members

...a dotted eighth delay...

Do you mean like the opening notes on Run Like Hell? Or what about the EVH tune Cathedral?

Delay is just about everywhere to some degree, but some songs are built on it.

[YOUTUBE]lKgOe1Rl8YY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]10W2AfFro-8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

there's delay somewhere on nearly all popular recording in the last 30+ years.

It's amazing, when I first started out I never really thought of delay being a critical part of many general guitar sounds. I got a delay pedal to do big delays like the Edge etc. But so many tones, especially lead tones, have a touch of delay on them. It's a pretty indispensable effect.

David Gilmour does have some good uses, Another Brick in The Wall has some good rhythmic delay in it as well.

• Members
It's amazing, when I first started out I never really thought of delay being a critical part of many general guitar sounds. I got a delay pedal to do big delays like the Edge etc. But so many tones, especially lead tones, have a touch of delay on them. It's a pretty indispensable effect.

David Gilmour does have some good uses, Another Brick in The Wall has some good rhythmic delay in it as well.

And MONEY is a great example of "not using delay" as an effect. He does that killer lead with tons of delay and then goes to a totally dry part in his solo and the guitar just suddenly sounds like it moved forward about 10' in the mix.