Here's the fine print:
TuneStudio is currently compatible with:

?iPod classic 80GB 160GB
?iPod nano (3rd generation) 4GB 8GB
?iPod 5th generation (video) 30GB 60GB 80GB
?iPod nano (2nd generation) 2GB 4GB 8GB
Features:

?Records directly to an iPod in 16-bit, 44kHz quality
?Streams audio through built-in USB interface to and from a PC or Mac computer Each channel is equipped with 3-band EQ, pan and level controls Phantom-power-enabled XLR inputs provide up to 60 dB of microphone gain
?High-quality stereo compressor with makeup gain enhances audio dynamics and keeps audio levels within recording limits of the iPod.

It might be interesting to me if it supported the iPhone or Touch, but that disclaimer of the recording limits of the iPod sounds like a warning to me. YMMV, thanks for posting the deal, it's $2 cheaper at small dog electronics BTW. What is up with that hideous green vag-looking thing on the side? You gonna stick your hand in that? :p

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
OK, last month this deal was 20 bucks sweeter, but it is still a chance to get:

I don't use much of this stuff at all, but sometimes you need to apply some "gestalt" to those bass tracks, and a bit o' tube is one way I have found this to work really well. So, I purchased the Ampeg SVX for that use, and will get the Amplitube 2 crossgrade and Hendrix packages. Once 3,500 is reached, I will get the T-Racks 3 standard mastering package, as I already have a few of the singles I can use along side these.

:thu:

They allowed you to stack free shipping and 20% off? If youa re little more committed to the whole amp sim world of recording, the better deal to me was the stealthpedal/Amplitube Fender combo pack for $239. The Fender pack probably won't be part of the promotions for a while and it is one of the more expensive software amps from IK Multimedia, goes for around $160 street, so you get the interface/expression pedal for $79 thrown in. Then with your 4-in-1 deal, you'll have all of the Amplitube software amps. I think the Stealthpedal already comes with Amplitube Metal, IIRC.

• Members
They allowed you to stack free shipping and 20% off? If youa re little more committed to the whole amp sim world of recording, the better deal to me was the stealthpedal/Amplitube Fender combo pack for $239. The Fender pack probably won't be part of the promotions for a while and it is one of the more expensive software amps from IK Multimedia, goes for around $160 street, so you get the interface/expression pedal for $79 thrown in. Then with your 4-in-1 deal, you'll have all of the Amplitube software amps. I think the Stealthpedal already comes with Amplitube Metal, IIRC.

Yup, they allowed me to do that, which resulted in the total being $79.20, with free shipping.

As far as my actual use of said software/amp sims, as I said in the OP, I don't really have much use for this kind of stuff expect to add some "Gestalt" to existing tracks to help them pop through/sit in mixes better. I like to record guitar and bass without effects (with the exception of overdrive/gain on heavy guitars, as it is a key component of the sound I'm after) and add FX later as necessary/desired in the mix. I find this to be much less limiting than locking yourself into a certain effect sound (with the exception of overdrive/gain, as I explained previously).

I was just looking around for a good Ampeg amp emulation and stumbled upon this deal, so I thought I'd pass it along.

:thu:

• Members

I doubt this is real but if anyone wants to pursue it... $450 for Gibson Les Paul (not sure which model - I'm not as familiar with this stuff as much as you guys).

The rosewood fretboard indicates that it's a fake. It also looks like the frets go over the neck binding, which would be another sure sign of a fake, but it's hard to tell for sure from that photo. The price also makes it pretty obvious that it's not the real thing.

• Members

Hey man don't shoot the messenger! I don't have the best gauge as to what is a "Great Deal" as others but in some cases I do. I'm just trying to be helpful and I don't want to clog up the thread but people always complain or are critical and it makes you not want to even bother. I made clear that I said it was probably a fake. Should I delete my post?

• Members

Hey man don't shoot the messenger! I don't have the best gauge as to what is a "Great Deal" as others but in some cases I do. I'm just trying to be helpful and I don't want to clog up the thread but people always complain or are critical and it makes you not want to even bother. I made clear that I said it was probably a fake. Should I delete my post?

Whoa, no one is giving you a hard time. These comments are for those who may not recognize counterfeits.

• Members

Whoa, no one is giving you a hard time. These comments are for those who may not recognize counterfeits.

I was actually referencing the "out of control" comment. Maybe I misinterpreted. Either way, I'm just trying to help!

Agile 2000 ($200 new), Line 6 Toneport UX2 ($150 new), Yamaha FD01S ($100 new) w/ tuner, stand, strap and capo for $280 total. Not bad right? I want the Agile but I don't need that other crap!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/1449534323.html

• Members
Since I don't want to read through all of the catfights about starcasters, etc., can anybody tell me if MF has anything for November to replace the Oct20% promo they had last month?

Good question.
Wait a minute... who you callin' anybody. I am somebody I'll have you know. Nothing personal, but you are all messed up man and couldn't recognize a deal if it slaped you in the face. Oh wait another minute... the goal of this thread ISN'T the CATFIGHTS is it. :cop: [Thanks for putting up with it all bsman:thu:]

cat-fight-032609L.jpg

• Members

Just got an email from SamAsh - Free Squier Mini-Strat (with built in speaker) with $250+ purchase.

No clue if this is any good, but it looks like it could be fun to mess around with at any rate. (Especially if you were planning on ordering something anyway)

news_freestrat_110309.jpg

• Members

If you ask me (nobody did), I think posting CraigsList ads in the Great Deals thread is kind of idiotic. Maybe 1% of the viewers will be affected by it, and most of them are already gear junkies trolling CraigsList like 10 times an hour.

It's always kind of a bummer to see the Great Deals thread be refreshed, only to click on it and it be some amp in Milwaukee.

Great Deals posts should be accessible to all forum members, no?

• Members

If you ask me (nobody did), I think posting CraigsList ads in the Great Deals thread is kind of idiotic. Maybe 1% of the viewers will be affected by it, and most of them are already gear junkies trolling CraigsList like 10 times an hour.

It's always kind of a bummer to see the Great Deals thread be refreshed, only to click on it and it be some amp in Milwaukee.

+1

• Members

I agree. This should be a rule...

Hardly anyone on craigslist will ship anyway, making it not applicable to just about everybody..

• Members

100% agree. Use www.searchtempest.com and www.yakaz.com to catch the killer used gear deals via craigslist, but I'm tired of them appearing here.

• Members

I don't see why this is a problem. If the deal doesn't apply to your location, then just move along and click on another thread. Someone posting a good deal in Milwaukee may help someone in that area that didn't see it.

The only thing that will stop all this bitch slapping will be some good deals. Be patient children they are coming.

• Members

agree

perhaps an all-craigslist watch thread should be made:thu:

• Members

{censored} yes. I'm constantly irritated by the little local plugs for some amp or guitar in some random city on CL in the great deals thread. :facepalm: CL should be BANNED FROM THIS THREAD!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived