My tremolo detunes my guitar :/

Yugi00

• Members

I bought a Jackson RX10D three years ago... the Floyd (i think its a JT 580) was nice. It held the tuning, it was easy to push and pull, but now after three years everytime even if i dont use it my guitar gets detuned! Drasticly... not a few cents but whole tones. And also its totally hard to move it up and down with the bar... How can i repair it? I was thinking about to replace it for a original FR or even a LO-PRO edge but i dont know if it would be worth.

• Members

could be the knives / blades and posts are worn too. That's what I hate about staying in tune and trem units. All parts of the machine have to function correctly to stay in tune. I bought an Original Floyd Rose from the factory and that seems to have solved my tuning issues for the time-being.

• Members

I cant say im a newbie XD but i adjusted my floyd 1000 times now, but i couldnt get it to work for a long holding tuning :/ i was once in the shop and they didnt told me that there is nothing to adjust... so i tought that maybe the screw which are screwed in the body are loose or something OR the fine tuners are toooooooo loose... idk if im right but it could be a possibility too... i know that JT580 isnt a great trem but i dont know if the Original FR would be better... i heard that Ibanezs EDGE are much better, but the next question is if it would match in the hole :/ ?!