Need an amp~$350. Any help?

2pacHendrix

• Members

Hey guys,

So, I'm selling my blues jr. tonight and I need another amp. I would like to keep it around $300 used, I may be able to spend more depending on what it is, but I don't really want to. I'm looking for the crispy clean tones, but I have a fuzz pedal, so I don't want it to break up with pedals. Some brands I've been looking at are Vox, Crate, Marshall, Ampeg, and Roland, but your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

:wave:

• Members

Fender G-DEC 30.

Then you won't need to look at pedals or nothin' till the 1000$ range

But if you don't need all the bells and whistles, the JSX Mini Colossal can be found used for about that price. The thing sounds nearly as good as its big brother and is nice and loud.

• Members
Hey guys,

So, I'm selling my blues jr. tonight and I need another amp. I would like to keep it around $300 used, I may be able to spend more depending on what it is, but I don't really want to. I'm looking for the crispy clean tones, but I have a fuzz pedal, so I don't want it to break up with pedals. Some brands I've been looking at are Vox, Crate, Marshall, Ampeg, and Roland, but your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

:wave:

You might think Im bull{censored}ting you but,try to find a used Traynor ycv 20 if you can.Ive got one and after replacing the stock Rocket 50 speaker,I think I hit paydirt! These are nice sounding tube amps! mine was 350.00 and that was from a music store!

• Members

Do you want tube or SS? What wattage?

If you are OK w/ SS the Peavey Bandit is really nice. Does not have a lot of extra bells and whistles - but it has good cleans, and really nice OD/gain. (BTW - I am selling mine - cheap.)

If you want something off the beaten path - look at the Kustom Hybrids. To go another direction, I have a Vox VT30 and really love it.

- w

• Members

You can find Carvin MTS3200 all day long at that price range and they have some of the most crispy cleans and buttery toans. They sound great and are highly underated. They take pedals exceptionally well and are selectable from 50 or 100 watt modes and have a bias switch.

• Members

Possibly try out the Bugera V22, haven't played it myself, but seems to be an interesting amp.

I would agree on checking one of these out. $349 at GC, but until Dec 6, you can get $50 off. If you can find one. I saw one at one of my local GC's today, but I don't need another amp. Bugera has sold way more of these than they expected to, so availablity is slim.

Archived