NGD- Jackson RR24

O'Rourke

• Members

I jumped on the $495 Jackson RR24 that usually goes for $1100, many thanks to The Rossness for posting that in the Great Deals thread.:thu:

They sent me a black one.:love: Not sure why they did that, I didn't even know they had the maple fretboard model in black but they aren't getting it back, this thing is MINE now.:lol: Setup is outstanding, ridiculously low action with no buzz anywhere. Also, it doesn't fit on any of my guitar stands so I could only take pics of it in the case. You'll have to keep it in the case or on a wall hanger.

Sounds brutal as hell even with the 9's flopping around, how the {censored} does anybody play with these things?:confused: Gonna go restring and set it up with 10's and play it till my fingers or ears start bleeding, whichever happens last.:thu:

100_0528.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0526.jpg

• Members

Looks like the exact same guitar I bought last Friday at the same exact price.

I bought mine at Sam Ash and they price matched the website.

I'm thinking I'd like the white one better as it shows off the black binding better. But if I were to swap, it would have to sound just as badass as the one I got now. I really like how light mine is. You could almost twirl it above your head.

• Members

Very awesome!!!! Are those yellow bevels or white? I thought I missed out when I was checking the Sam Ash site on Monday and then saw the "SOLD OUT" message. I waited a day but then remembered I was able to buy those Ernie Ball strings that time they had that great deal on them even though they were sold out.

I was still able to add the RR24 to my cart and it said "back ordered". It shows both the 10% promo code and the 50thanks discount so for $495 hopefully once they come back in stock mine will ship. I love the maple necks and not sure why Jackson hasn't given the option for Maple fretboards on more models considering how well the DK2M has sold which is a large part because of it being the only Maple boarded Jackson guitar.

• Members

did that price include the case? I just bought a js30RR for $150, but by the time I buy a special flying V case for it (since it won't sit on a stand :rolleyes:)
I'll be in close to $300 and still have no trem :cry:

ps. I did my first floyd rose string change last week. Took me a few hours haha

• Members
Did they have black and white ones available when you ordered?

I bought mine in-store and had them price match the website. I've been told you could only get white on the web, but some say they were shipped black. You'll find out for sure when it arrives.

• Members
Did they have black and white ones available when you ordered?

I've got one on the way, that I'm assuming is white, since the picture was white and there was no option for another color. But I guess they could have had the wrong picture...

I ordered it off the Sam Ash website on Thanksgiving. The picture was of a white one and it had no option for other colors and none of the other RR models had maple boards and were all showing the regular price. I didn't even know Jackson made them in black with maple boards untill I opened the case and there it was. I love the black with maple board look.:love:

I have no idea what they'll send you, I thought I was ordering a white one too.:idk:

Other answers-

White bevels, case included at the $495 price and it is a huge sturdy MF'r of a case too. It looks like it would fit their Kelly V style guitars too.

• Members
I ordered it off the Sam Ash website on Thanksgiving. The picture was of a white one and it had no option for other colors and none of the other RR models had maple boards and were all showing the regular price. I didn't even know Jackson made them in black with maple boards untill I opened the case and there it was. I love the black with maple board look.
:love:

I have no idea what they'll send you, I thought I was ordering a white one too.
:idk:

Other answers-

White bevels, case included at the $495 price and it is a huge sturdy MF'r of a case too. It looks like it would fit their Kelly V style guitars too.

Interesting... After my earlier post, I went back to the Sam Ash site to see if color was mentioned, and under the 'Specifications' tab, it says "Body Color - White w/Black".

I'm hoping I get the White one, because I really don't want the black.

Oh well, I guess I can flip it or hit them up for a partial refund if they screwed it up...

• Members
Very nice!! Great deal too! I got a great deal on a charvel Sweetwater was blowing out. Glad to see others got good deals also. Enjoy it!!

Yeah, it was an interesting day for me. Wasn't planning on buying anything and a few days later I've got 2 Charvels, 1 Jackson on the way, and a Peavey JSX Mini.

And that's just the big stuff. :facepalm: