NGD and major mods. I was busy during the outage

_pete_

• Members

The outage came at a good time for me. On top of that my cable was out so I had no internet at all. It just got fixed today.

First off, this came on Friday the 11th:

021.jpg

CE24_outside_Lg.jpg

It's a 95 PRS CE24, my favorite PRS in my favorite color. I got it at a great price. Actually I sold a few other guitars so this cost me nothing. I was wanting something as a backup for my LPs. One has a piezo and one has a trem so I wanted something with both. This CE came along so I planned it all out before it arrived.

It came with a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Gibson 490R in the neck. The seller also included a Gibson 490T. The JB and 490T will soon be for sale.

The 490R went into my LP Axcess after I put a chrome cover on it. The PRS got a Tonerider Generator set that I had. I went with black pup rings on it to give it the "Alex Lifeson" look.

015-1.jpg

I also installed some locking tuners from WD Music. The original tuners weren

• Members

I wanted it to be as stealthy as possible so I had to drill holes in the bridge to run the piezo wires from the saddles into the control cavity.

008-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

The Graph Tech saddles were a little taller than the stockers (due to the wire that runs under the saddle) so I had to shim the neck slightly to get the action just right.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

After all that was done I had to give the guitar a fret level. Some of the frets were worn in spots but the leveling took care of it and it

• Members

Holy {censored} that came out nice.

Thanks!

It's not done yet but as soon as the preamp arrives it's just plug and play. I have it all wired up and ready. The 9V battery fits in the control cavity perfectly too.

It seems like it will be a good one. It sounds great and stays in tune really, really well. Not bad for $800.

it didn't come with a case but I got one of the Musician's Gear suede cases from M123 with 15% off and it fits like a glove.

Archived