DONT ORDER FROM FIRST ACT's SITE

StevenJM

• Members

Jeez... what a headache the past few days have been.

I ordered a guitar from them last week tuesday... and it came on friday already... super fast shipping...

i brought it inside, wrapped the box in an old blanket to help heat it up before opening... about an hour and a half pass and i decide its time to open it up...

and what do i see?

THE WRONG GUITAR

right style, but wrong color, and the color i ordered now says out of stock (now they took down both from their site)... and the color that it came in was still totally different than the picture that was on their website... so i immediately closed the box back up and call first act...

i was on hold for 35 minutes before i gave up...

On sunday, i was looking at this box and decided to open it up and see how it plays, and to see if i could get used to the ugly neon yellow it came in... before i pluck a string i notice pick-scratches on the pickguard, and the pickguard didn't even have any protective plastic on it, then i flipped it over to look at the back and THERES A HUGE CHIP OF PAINT MISSING/COMING OFF... I never did get to play it at all, i just packed it back up immediately.

so not only did they send me the wrong guitar, but an obviously used guitar... even if i was 12 and didn't know anything about guitars, this wouldn't pass as a new guitar.

so on monday i called them first thing when i got home from work and talked to somebody right away... he was like "the color you ordered is out of stock so they sent you that one" and i was like "i don't want this one, i just want a refund" and he was like "ok, well we can email you a shipping label and then you can pick a guitar off of our website to replace it with if you want to do that" and i was like "no thanks, i'd rather just get refunded my money" and then he replies with "or you can keep the yellow one if you like how it plays" and i was like "nope, i want my refund"

so he said he was going to email me a shipping label to ship it back... that was on monday... today is wednesday and still no shipping label...

I GAVE THEM MY EMAIL AND MY PHONE NUMBER WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER... why couldn't they just email me or call me to tell me that it was out of stock instead of sending me a guitar they think i'll be happy with... now i have to deal with this headache...

• Members

Well, that pretty much sucks. However, I have ordered and received 4 guitars from the website sale and they all appear to be just fine. 3 of them were shipped UPS in the retail display boxes [!!] but arrived safely. They all were pretty surprising, with good construction and nice finishes. Of course they needed a complete action/intonation/truss rod set-up, but after that was done they played very well and sounded a lot better than I expected. I was pretty impressed with the clarity of the humbucking pickups.

All of the ones I got were black, my favorite color for guitars [because it's about the only 'color' that you can match safely] and the black ones just looked better than the weird colors that some guitars were displaying on the website.

These guitars were obviously in storage for quite a while before they were sold, as the fretboards were pretty dry and faded. I imagine that First Act is cleaning out their warehouses and dumping all of their low-end stuff.

For $50.00 bucks it's hard to go wrong. After a decent set-up the guitars I bought would make pretty nice presents for the beginning guitarist, or a decent bang-around axe. Plus they look good for modding, which I am always doing anyway.

All-all, I am very pleased with the guitars I have purchased from the website for $50.00.

• Members

i brought it inside, wrapped the box in an old blanket to help heat it up before opening... about an hour and a half pass and i decide its time to open it up...

The blanket was actually more of a hindrance because it insulated the box from the heat. You only made it take longer by covering it :poke:.

• Members

That is pretty funny when you think about it.

haha, i knew the blanket wouldn't make any difference, but it was in the single digits here that day and i got excited about my new guitar... and it would keep my cat from using the box as a scratching post.

• Members

The blanket was actually more of a hindrance because it insulated the box from the heat. You only made it take longer by covering it :poke:.

Unless it was an electric blanket... :poke:

I didn't think about that until after I gave him my ':facepalm:' earlier.

Archived