Epiphone Les Paul Model Info?

Lanceross

• Members

I traded for this guitar. It is an Epiphone Les Paul Model. I was told it was built in 1989, it says Les Paul Model on the headstock. I can find no serial number on this guitar. It is a gorgeous Flamed Maple guitar in very good condition. I am thinking about selling it , but do not want to misrepresent it. I just cannot find out much info on it as far as built date, is the top veneer or solid maple, was wondering what it might be worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Members

No serial number on the back of the headstock?

Does it look like the back of the headstock has ever been sanded and refinished? Is there a rectangular area in the finish that looks slightly different where it looks like a label might used to be?

I'm not super familiar with Epis or Gibsons as I've only owned three or four of each, but every one I've ever played had a serial number on the back of the headstock though some of the older ones (circa 1990) were on a sticker which could be removed.

• Members

That's the old Epi headstock, so 89 sounds right. The serial # was a sticker back then, so it's probably long gone by now.

One of the early Samick LP's with the open book headstock and a sticker for a serial number. Who would've ever thought 20 years ago that someone in 2009 would have questions of origin on an Epiphone?

Silly isn't it?

Yet it's a fact

• Members

Actually I just joined a Les Paul forum and found out that your information is right on Vtype. Sticker has probably been gone for awhile, but from all the responses Ive had, i believe 1989 is right. Thanks you all for the help. Have a wonderful Christmas.

• Members

i used to have an SG that had the same headstock.I bought it used at a small shop for less than $200, and it was the only one I've ever seen that still had the MIK and Serial # stickers still on. Build quality was great as was the quality of finish, but the electronics were really cheesy.

Archived