Help with identity of fender "super" strat

spruilldog

• Members

Local music store has a beautiful used Fender but I've never seen one like it and they don't seem to know much about it. The guy at the store said it was some sort of short run "special" strat. It is korean made with generally a strat body style but not quite the standard strat body. Has 2 seymour duncan humbuckers instead of the usual S-S-S config. Bridge was not the classic strat bridge and looked a little more like the American Standard bridge. I did a quick look online and the fender website but couldn't find it. I did find a special run tele with two Seymour duncan humbuckers and a coil tap that was similiar. Any idea what model this strat is or what years they were made? The store has no clue. It looked and played great. They were asking $550 with a case which I thought was reasonable but I always like to research a little before I buy. I was flamed remorselesly here a few months ago for stating how let down I've been with Fenders I've picked up lately. This is the first Fender I've picked up in quite awhile that felt good in my hands.

• Members

definitely a showmaster. probably a FAT HH. mine is the Celtic model which is hardtail, but it only has one humbucker.

i own one and love it. its my number one for the brootalz {censored}.

I've also got the Celtic model, though mine is stripped down to wood and 1/2 the paint is sanded off at the moment. One of these days I'll finish stripping it and do the refinish I had planned.

Archived